The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: First Post (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Hi everyone - I thought I'd be a good boy and post a formal introduction!

I've been a full time professional magician for around 20 years performing stand-up and close-up. I'm a past winner of the British Close-Up Magic Championships (at the Blackpool Convention) and the IBM British Ring Close-Up Competition, and have published a fair bit of material here and there.

I'll be posting semi-anonymously as, like most working performers, I sometimes get clients and audience members googling my name. I, therefore, try and avoid it being linked on the Internet to discussions about effects that I might use. But if you want to know my real name, you're welcome to PM me and ask!

Sean
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome kozmic kettle,

You sound like a great addition to the ranks.

- Mary Mowder
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Thanks Mary.
Magic38
View Profile
New user
Bill Davis
39 Posts

Profile of Magic38
Hi Sean I agree sometimes it is best to keep a low profile.
WWW. WizardsMagicChest.com
Quality Magic Tricks At an Affordable Price
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Welcome to the Café' kozmic.

“Always remember in the Café' we must welcome the future, remembering that soon it will be the past; and we must respect the past, remembering that it was once all that was humanly possible”

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Welcome to the Café!!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Awesome to have you on board... Sean? Or is it something else? Love mysteries!
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Thanks everyone, Sean is real ... I just avoid using my full name on magic forums just in case it turns up on Google.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Welcome to the Café. As an "old school yank", I'm knowledgeable about some pro performers here in the States, but how is the market in the UK nowadays? Would like to hear your "take" on the European availability of performance magic gigs.
WK
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Hi WK

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've only just looked at this page again. Most of the pro's over here were saying that business was down a bit last year with the recession - but the corporate market seems to be picking up again now.

I think the main difference between working in the UK and US is that, over here, most pro's target the whole country as their market. I can't think of a professional stage magician in the UK who only targets their local area.

Obviously, there are language issues when a British performer takes bookings in mainland Europe - though it can be a big market for those who perform to music. I don't do any silent material, but I've worked successfully in Holland and Scandinavia where everyone speaks English very well ... and less successfully in Germany and Eastern Europe where they don't!

Best
Sean
JimmyH
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of JimmyH
Welcome to the Café Smile
RodHousley
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of RodHousley
Welcome to the Café and always like to hear about a fellow performer who has a little history behind them in the arts. Congrats on the awards.