The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: When performing escapes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
What's the best type of clothing/costume to wear for an escape act? I recognise that there are different types of escapes...suspended, underwater etc, but what do you tend to go for?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Black.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
For non-stage stuff, I wear what's comfortable. At the moment, I've got a pair of stonewashed, black jeans, some Salomon hiking shoes, and a loose T-Shirt.

If I'm doing an event for a charity, I'll try to get hold of one of their shirts.

On the stage, I go for smart casual. Just make sure that if you're doing a straitjacket escape that the shoulders on your shirt are loose fitting enough! I've managed to rip a couple of shirts open! Smile

James
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Breaking the mould of the magician, I also wear what is comfortable, where ever I may be. Khaki pants and a sleeveless, collarless 3 button shirt, and deck shoes.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.