The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of Young Magicians! :: Stars of Tomorrow Show 2010 S.A.M. Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi –

Would you like to perform at the 2010 S.A.M. in Atlanta? You can, if you’re selected to perform in the 2010 Stars of Tomorrow Show, a professional stage show that features magicians ages 7-17. The 2010 S.A.M. convention takes place June 30-July 3 at the Atlanta Hilton hotel in Atlanta Georgia.

To audition, you have to submit an application that includes a video, DVD or youtube link of the stage act you will perform in the show, a biography and a photo for the convention program. Your act should be five to ten minutes long. Pyrotechnics may not be used.

We will select up to six acts for the show, plus an emcee. If you’d like to apply for the emcee position, please include a sampling of introductions, jokes and emcee bits in your video.

The deadline for receiving applications is April 15, 2010. You do not have to belong to the S.A.M. or the S.Y.M. to apply. Each performer will be paid and will receive two free convention registrations (one for the performer, another for a parent), plus a year’s membership in the Society of Young Magicians.

The Stars of Tomorrow Show has become one of the most popular events at the annual S.A.M. convention. I’m always impressed with the quality of our young magicians, and performing in the Stars Show allows them to showcase their talent and experience the magic of the convention.

For information and an application form, please contact Marlene Clark, 435 Main St., Durham, CT 06422; 860-349-8149; afuntime@comcast.net; or visit the S.Y.M. website at http://www.magicsym.com and click on the “Stars of Tomorrow” graphic.

Good luck!

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show, 2010
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Time is getting short!

Young magicians have until April 15 to apply and audition for the Stars of Tomorrow Show at the SAM National Convention June 30-July 3 in Atlanta Georgia! The Stars of Tomorrow Show is a great gig and an incredible opportunity for young magicians ages 7 through 17 to shine on an international stage and experience the magic of the S.A.M. convention.

I already have received a few applications and audition videos from outstanding young magicians. If you think you can add your name to the lineup, you can pm me or visit http://www.magicsym.com and click on "Stars of Tomorrow" for more information. You do NOT have to belong to the S.Y.M. or the S.A.M. to appear in the show.

It takes time to get an audition video together, and time is getting short. Don't miss out on this great opportunity.

I hope we get to see YOU on stage in Atlanta!

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show