The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPS-alutely :: Favorite apps for Ipod touch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
johnmharris
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of johnmharris
What are your two or three favorite magic-related apps for an Ipod touch?
johnmharris
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of johnmharris
(I ask because I've finally gotten one for myself!)
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi John,

Get iForce by Greg Rostami. I think you'll find it's well worth the cost.

Regards, Steve
johnmharris
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of johnmharris
Thanks, Steve.

I just saw some of the demo video yesterday, and I was impressed! I definitely plan to get that one.

John
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi John,

Here's a link to a thread with some really great ideas for iForce: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=273

Have fun when you get iForce Smile

Regards, Steve
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5937 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If you like the Princess Card Trick, try this version which doesn't have the draw back of the ones you see on the internet.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-mar......406?mt=8
johnmharris
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of johnmharris
This looks neat. Thanks for the pointer!
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
I love iForce! It has been a staple effect when I do impromptu mind reading. With today's technology..iPhones, Smartphones, PDAs, blackberries are all very common mobile items that everybody has. Making your iPhone/Touch as a billet would make sense!

I also have Chris Kenner's Rising Card and Psypic! These three are the top magic apps for my gadget, IMHO.
johnmharris
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of johnmharris
Quote:
On 2010-01-12 09:56, Agaton wrote:
I also have Chris Kenner's Rising Card and Psypic! These three are the top magic apps for my gadget, IMHO.

Thanks for these suggestions. I'll be sure to check them out.
edgegrip
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of edgegrip
Same with you Agaton. I also love the iForce! Easy to use and can create your own effect by customizing it. Rising card is also a must. These are few application in iphone that are impromptu.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Hedberg
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Hedberg
I really like the iForce app.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I love the iForce and it's better than ever now that you can't search for the name of the program and come up with trick app.
BUT, I just installed Irene's Spirit (http://www.irenesspirit.com/) after reading about it in MUM and it's actually freaking people out quite a lot.
I've practiced it this past weekend and premiered it on Sunday night with some friends and they got spooked by the weirdness of the effect.
It's all in how you demonstrate it, but it is a very very weird sensation when it's done right.

Much better than the silly card trick apps.

Donnie
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
My faves are:

1. iForce (Gres Rostami)
2. Any Card at Any Number. (Richard Osterlind)
3. Crossroads (Ben Harris)

Rising Card is cool too and No Freaking Way would be right up there with iForce if the 'swipe' feature was more convincing!
ArtofDeception
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ArtofDeception
I don't know why and I don't mean offense but nfw and magic marvels look cheap, I like prefer tenyo's apps when it comes to card trick apps. the cards look very real and the quality of the app just adds to the trick. Also the opening menu I hate when it's seen by the audience and in magic marvels it has to be seen. I want people just to see the cards on the screen an boom!

Anyone else feels the same? Or is it just me? I just like my apps to be organic and nice looking.

Anyways. My favorite apps are.. Iforce of course, magicwallet and illucoin, and tenyo's( worth buying, almost like using a real deck of cards)
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
STM70
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of STM70
Iforce is my favorite app. The main reason is because the app does not do the magic, it's just aided as a writing pad. I think this is such a clever app.