The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Tenyo Elite Performance Videos (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to let you know that we now have performance videos for "Moonspinner" and "Fortune Sticks".

TenyoElite.com

Please let us know if you have any questions! Happy Holidays!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
http://www.tenyoelite.com
(416) 410-5766
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I thought the Moonspinner was really nice, one of those underestimated effects I think.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hi Jugglestruck:

You are correct; that effect is so underestimated! The story on that trick for me is sort of interesting. I was first shown it when the trick came out years ago and I didn't like it at all. The problem was (and I only realized this years later) is that it wasn't demonstrated for me very well----I never even SAW the illusion of the coin appearing/disappearing because the person didn't do it properly. When Steve, Peter and I met initially to discuss which Tenyo items we wanted to market as Elite, I still remember Peter saying, "Hey what about the Moonspinner? I have mine right here---it's awesome!"....I rolled my eyes and said no way, the trick isn't good and doesn't even work properly. Peter gave me a puzzled look and started doing it for us anyways. Well my eyes that were just rolling a few seconds before, started BUGGING-OUT as I watched what he was doing; it was amazing! I realized then that I had never had it demonstrated properly to me! So based on what Peter was doing for us, we made sure to include those subtleties and handling bits in the instructions for our Tenyo Elite version of the trick, so that when you do it you can maximize the illusion.

Thank you for the compliments on the video. The only problem is that the illusion that is created with Moonspinner will not show up on video. The illusion of the coin appearing and then fading away works because the eye doesn't blink while watching it.....however the camera actually "blinks" 30 frames per second while filming the video, so the illusion will not show up. But for those of you who have not seen it, trust me----it looks amazing!

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter

Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
http://www.tenyoelite.com
(416) 410-5766
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
You're right, it does look amazing, but I never knew why. Thanks Jason!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Thanks for the info Jason. I haven't seen Moonspinner in the 'flesh' but will see if I can have one demmed - if I don't like it I'll blame the demmer!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Since this topic is about TenyoElite performance videos I thought I would add the Zig Zag Cigarette to the mix. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Here is the Tenyo Elite performance video of Ultra Tube

---
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Here is the Tenyo Elite performance video of Match Sticks

---
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Here is the Tenyo Elite performance video of The Magical Door

---
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Here is the Tenyo Eliteâ„¢ performance video of Space Towers.

---