The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Mini Zombie (Does ANyone Do This) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Sorry Not Sure Where To Post This But It Does Say Rings Strings and THINGS, so I am hoping this comes under things.

Have any of you preformed the following effect? if so please can you let me know your thoughts.

DESCRIPTION

Mini Zombie
The performer covers the ball with a silk and holds each end of the silk - suddenly the ball begins to rise in a ghostly manner, floating up and down underneath the silk. Finally the performer takes the ball and throws it in the air.
Includes ball, gimmick and instructions - silk not included.
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10004 Posts

Profile of funsway
I got it years ago (or something similar) and have never used it -- but have used the gimmick with other objects like a plastic egg. If it is the Vernet 'spiky ball' thing, then also get the mutlplying balls that match -- then you have the makings of a great routine.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi Funsway

Yep ,this is the Vernet version. I'll keep a look out for the multiplying balls, thanks for the tip
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10004 Posts

Profile of funsway
I could never figure out how to justify the strange ball(s) -- but now with Nano-research and the construction of new things at the atomic level. Of course, right now you could explain that light over Norway.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
See it HERE ..and not a bad price either...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I have it and never used, but if you want for that kind of effect my friend Norm Nielsen have a version called " Ghost Catcher" that is very well made and give you a patter line of ghost ant things and justifies the levitation of " mysterious something" under the silk,.
The best of all is available at a very good price.
http://www.nnmagic.com
My best always,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Thanks Hansel, I'll Check it out
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
The best version for a close-up floating
is Bill Abbott's "The Thing"
it is complete, flexible, and very well made.

Walt
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17429 Posts

Profile of joseph
Walt, I couldn't agree more, but it looked like he was interested in this particular effect... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mad Mage
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mad Mage
I have it. It's (as most know) the zombie. What I hate about it is the points on the ball tend to snag my foulard. I think I would use the full size zombie if I were to do it. It might work okay in a dark bar or Café. The ball is light enough to use with IT. If you get the matching multiplying balls, you might be able to switch it out, maybe by using a witches cloth (it my have a different name where you are at, but it has a hidden pocket for vanishing and reappearing things.) The reason for the switch is so the spectator can hold the ball at the beginning and/or end of the presentation, thus selling it better. Lastly, I like Tommy Wonder's idea of putting a curve on the gimmick to make the ball appear more natural.

Here is the routine I roughly thought of;
Produce the a ball and hand it around, talk about it's magical properties, then put it on the table (dark room) use IT to levitate it grab it and place it uder a foulard (witches bag) for safe keeping. Proceed with a zombie routine. Switch at end and hand out for inspection.
You can do the multiplying at the begining or end.

Just my thoughts.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2009-12-11 13:46, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
The best version for a close-up floating
is Bill Abbott's "The Thing"
it is complete, flexible, and very well made.

Walt

Yes is a very good one too,but in similarity of prices ghost catcher is more similar to the little zombie...Anyway " The Thing" is terrific!!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP