The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Let there be magic! :: Book Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MattSedlak
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MattSedlak
I have had an idea for a book in the back of my head for the last month or so. I'm not sure if a book like this has already been written but if not I think it would be a good idea. The idea is a book about the history of magic in NYC. As we all know, there is a lot of history there. The only problem is that nowadays nobody seems interested in magic history. Smile I was wondering what some of your thoughts would be on how one would go about working on a project such as this.
Cacoal
View Profile
New user
Lewiston NY
70 Posts

Profile of Cacoal
I think that many magicians ARE interested in magic history. But I also think that Milbourne Christopher's work would be a tough act to follow. In fact, does anyone know if there have been any other, strictly magic history texts aside from Christopher and Gibson's books?
Jason
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Yes, there have been TWO books published about Magic subjects relating to Melbourne and Sydney. They both would have much smaller scope than NY but apparently were quite successful.
Good Luck.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site