The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Telepath (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Promotion Site: http://richardwiseman.wordpress.com/can-......elepath/ Performance video on site.

Price: .99

Platform: iPhone / iTouch 2nd Gen

The method: I'm not going to tell. It's a secret. ;-)

The description: Ever wanted to read a person’s mind? Well, now you can with Telepath, our new mind-reading iPhone app. The idea is simple. Someone thinks of a number or image, and mentally sends their thoughts to the iPhone. They then turn over the iphone and are astounded to discover their thoughts on the screen.

My impression: When I first read the description above I thought of iForce ( http://www.rostamimagic.com/iforce/ ). The method and looks of the apps are different. Depending on which environment you launch your spectator has a free choice of 1-4, drinks picnic show tickets or dancing, the four aces, chick horse lamb or dog. it's a great little app and does exactly what it says. The drawback I see is that you can't perform this in a crowded environment. I don't wish to tip the method but know that bar magicians may not find this to be particularly useful. I will say that it does not use voice recognition. You will need to work up your own patter. It shouldn't be difficult once you understand the method. Buy it and try it. You can't beat the price. The animal option is great for kids.

The big question: Should you buy Telepath or iForce? I say both. When people talk about you later, and they will, the different memories you create will help raise your mystique.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Will this work in iPod touch Tony?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It will
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
This brings up one of my pet peeves.

NOTE: Apple does not make ANYTHING called the "iTouch".

If you want to lose credibility among potential iPhone and iPod Touch customers and/or readers, the quickest way is to use the word "iTouch".
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
I use the term iTouch because there are various iPod models.
I don't automatically assume people know exactly what we're talking about and try to make things as simple as possible.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Telepath is a nice idea, but you have to have a little music tune rattling on, and the patter can be very long. The nice part is that you never have to touch the ipod
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
After some work with the app, I discovered that the patter doesn't need to be very long.

Its a very nice stumper for folks who think they "figured out" iForce. The trick is not to repeat it more than once.

I only wish it looked a tad more organic.