The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Recommendations Needed for a Change Bag or Devil's Hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
Hi!

I dug out an old effect I bought several years ago called "Sealed for your Protection." Basically, a spectator's chosen card is torn into 8 pieces. He keeps one of the corner pieces and the other 7 are vanished using a change bag or a devil's hank. A factory sealed bottle of aspirin which has been in full view the entire time is opened by the spectator. He breaks the safety seal, pulls out the cotton in the top, dumps out the pills, and finds his chosen card inside the bottle totally restored except for the missing corner piece that he is holding! Great effect!!

My question is: Can anybody recommend a small enough change bag or devil's hank that will easy fit the vanished torn pieces of the card? I'm not too familiar with either of these devices, so any information would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Frank
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Use the Devil's Hankerchief. It is much less suspicious looking than a Change Bag for this sort of vanish.

There is a fine version of Devil's Hank currently available from various dealers made by Bazar de Magia (from South America) It is part of their "Classic Line". It's well made, from the right sort of material and it really looks like an ordinary napkin or hankerchief.

Specify that you want the Bazar de Magia
"Classic" Devil's Hank. If your dealer doesn't have it in stock they can order it from Murphy's Magic Supplies. (wholesaler)
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
Buddha papers might work well for this also.
I use a set I made out of different shades of natural color parchment type papers.
you could explain that multiple folding will restore the card, but then upon unfolding the papers find the card has vanished instead...
then find the card in the bottle.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Why not just vanish it with a TT?

Can you tell that I hate unnecessary props?
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
A double sided envelope would do the trick also
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
I recently purchased this effect and use the Devil's hank.... it works just fine. inside the Devil's hank I have a TT to hold the piece that matches the card in the bottle.

My question is: Where can one get more bottles (besides a magic store)? The bottles are pill bottles and when the lid is screwed on, the lid seals the seal.

Any ideas... please send me a personal message.

Thanks,

John
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
Scott,

Thanks for the Buddah Papers tip to vanish tne torn card! I have those, but never thought to use them in that way. Thanks!!

Frank