The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Insta-Snow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
It doesn't disintegrate. It doesn't leave a residue stain on clothing. When it dries out, it becomes like fine sand and cleans up easily or you can reuse it?
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Rey-Rey,

Where is your turbin? Changing yourimage?
About the mess - is it necessary to clean up afterwards. Will the "sand" be all over the floor? Does it leave the floor slippery until dry?
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Ahhhh-yeah..!
My image has always been as it is and continues to evolve.....

It is necessary to clean up the mess as it doesn't ever dissolve. When the powder is wet it feels like an almost dry silicone. It isn't sticky just a bit slippery until it dries....
A little goes a long way and so you don't need a whole lot of powder to achieve visual results.
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
RR,
Thanks. Maybe somebody here will be willing to sell me a small amount like a couple of cups. I won't be doing this often because of the required clean up, but I would like to give it a shot at Christmas time.
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Never mind about buy some,I just found it using Google. It can be had for as little as $6.00 to $25.00.
You can buy it here: http://www.teachersource.com/direct/42490

A one pound bag for $19.95.

I will send some to my daughter in Florida so the grand kids can have a yard full of snow at Christmas.

Dicklucas
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Here's the lowest price yet: $15.00 for a 1lb tin. but you will pay tax. Total to me was $22.00 including shipping and tax for the 1 lb tin. Now I'll have enough for the grandchildren to have snow in Florida and for me to experiment with and maybe use it.

Thanks for the idea.

DAFFYDOUG:

Did you find the video useful and necessary? Could I just stick with the thumb tip and be done with it? Are there any "moves" that I simply can't do without in the video. I have a DVD player but I will have to buy a VCR so it will cost me quite a bit more than the $10.00 that is why I ask.

Dicklucas
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
Eh, the web site for the best price was at QVC, I think its one of the 24 hrs/day advertising firms. I was surprised at the price, the best on the web (I think).

Click here

It might be easier to just go to their Home Page: http://www.qvc.com/
then go to the search box on the right side and type in insta snow.

Dicklucas
rwenndt
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of rwenndt
Who is the manufacturer and what does a 50-lb tub go for?
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Insta-Snow is kind of over exposed, my 6 years old son play with it at the school a lot. This is what my son said when he saw that effect "It's not magic. It's snow powder. Mrs. Herrera has a jar of it"
Comedy and then the magic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
65 Posts

Profile of Comedy and then the magic
Hmmmm... that sucks... lol
"Always Make It Magic Plus Laughs" - R.I.P. Mark Hendrickson
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
I was practicing this effect with a TT and just created a mess. According to the instructions you use 1 TSP powder to 2 Ounces of water. When I started to pour the water in the snow formed great for the first half an ounce. Then the water started to overflow the tip and it was all downhill after that. I tried to shake out the loose power only to have the new water poured in to appear slushy. When I finally gave up, I had to dig out the compacted snow from the tip with a car key.

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone have any suggestions for using the effect this way?

As a side note, is the used portion of this stuff safe to put into a vegetable garden?
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Yes insta snow is actually a polymer and is reusable.
just let it dry throughy in open air and store in a seperate glass jar.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
If you put much water insta snow will actually gel up instead of turning into snow. its not as solid as slush powder but it will hold!
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
I just got this and love it. Allan I was doing the same routine. I just put in a little water and less insta snow