The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Elvis Linking Ring Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
Many magicians who use the Linking Rings do good routines teeming with some good gags; however, their routines are not linked to any emotions or feelings of the audience. I start out with a regular routine complete with a male and female assistant. When I get to the point in the routine where I have a chain of four rings, I push my Radio Shack remote switch activating my tape deck playing Elvis's Unchained Melody. "And now it's time to take a walk down that road of rock'n roll.....and visit the King of Rock'n roll.....Elvis Presley. Here he is sitting on his little garden swing. He's surrounded by beautiful flowers....roses ...slowly opening int he sunlight. And then along comes Priscilla and Elvis couldn't help ,but falling.....falling in love with her (dropping ring). After several years the marriage fell apart, but that didn't stop Elvis from climbing to the top of the charts again. (climbing ring) Elvis was not only chained to his audience , but he loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches and even chicken in the basket( I hang chicken inside the purse design here) Elvis was very generous, for he gave away Cadillacs and diamond rings and this little charm bracelet.You can hang your boyfriend right from the end! On the 20th Anniversary of Elvis's death I visited graceland in Memphis, Tenn. and as I stood by the piano I could hear in my imagination, that last song he played....the Unchained Melody...Well my friends, Elvis has left this world , but he is and will always be...The KING OF ROCK'N ROLL! I produce a large Elvis hanky here.
P.S. I left out the silver-winged butterfly design right after the flower. I've had standing ovations for this effect, especially with a middle-aged female audience. Give it a try ....it works, even for kids!
Darryl the Wizard Smile Smile Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein