The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Cognitive Card Handling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jasonsoll
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jasonsoll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45tyw5nuzk

This is a sneak preview of a new project I am undertaking in order to identify the psychological effects of card handling. In this video, I demonstrate a drill that is designed to increase the brain's capacity to utilize its visuospatial sketchpad. An official psychology experiment analyzing such effects is currently being constructed. Stay tuned for more information! Special thanks to Michael Carroll and Alyshia Silva for filming. Music by Imogen Heap.

-Jason
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Will watch it, but just wanted to say before I did, I love Imogen Heap. Hide and Seek is a masterpiece!

However, after watching, it looks like it is just a hook to try to get someone to watch your youtube flourish vid.... Smile

Would be interested to see any actual data though, and how it stacks up to simply doing basic math or types of puzzles.
jasonsoll
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of jasonsoll
The research is coming. I've been working with Diane Halpern, ex-president of the American Psychological Association, on psychology research lately. We will hopefully start conducting the experiments soon...
ThomasJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1002 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Interesting idea. It'd be cool to do a separate experiment to research the point at which muscle memory overtakes VSSP over time.