The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: The Elbee Magic Company (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
blushingmule
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of blushingmule
Hi all,

I remember Elbee from the early '70s. Great stuff!

Boy was it jam packed full of goodies! Better than the old Johnson Smith catalog.

Bob
p.s. hi Bill, glad to see your link to the Cups And Balls Museum - was lost after last computer death...can't sign in though.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I have very fond memories of the Elbee Company Fun 'N Magic shop off Broadway and 6th both while Louis Berkie (Louis Berkowitz) and Eloy Foster were the proprietors. At the time, I was a relative newcomer to the art of magic and a very passionate amateur and hobbyist at best. I worked across the street and visited the shop every day during lunch and on Saturdays dropping anywhere between $100 - $200 a week there. One Saturday, my father joined me and recognized Eloy's mother who worked for Berkie as a teenager in his downtown shop back in the 50s. I will never forget this shop as it was a huge factor in my equation of humble beginnings and long before I became an established, professional magician many years later. Just before they closed their doors forever, they were solicited by the proprietor of JCR Magic but could not come to an amicable agreement. To this day, JCR remains the only full-scale, brick and mortar magic shop remaining in the Alamo city.