The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Helping hands :: Volunteers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicaldan12
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magicaldan12
Hey Guys,
I am in need of some opinions regarding volunteers. I am beginning to develop stage show, and am wondering whether or not I should divide the show up into a volunteer section and then alone, or mix it? Also, should I have the same volunteer for a number of effects in a row, or switch off?
Anything is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hi Danny.
I'm not a full time Pro, just a part timer. We do a lot of Fairs, Festivals, Resorts, ect.. I try to mix it up. Our stage show last's about an hour. We have about 15 tricks and illusions during that time. Around 7 of those require someone from the crowd to help out. When I need someone I tell our sound man that we're going to need someone from the audience to help us out and I need some ' Go Get Em " music. So while I'm picking out a volunteer our sound man will play something like the theme from Green Acres or some other older television show until the volunteer gets up on stage. I know it's not for everybody, but it works for us. I try to have about every other trick one that needs a volunteer. Our show is a family show so there's always plenty of kids and when we need them, adults to help out.
Good luck, Bob.