The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: Obscure Trick Deck?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
Hi All,

I inherited a bunch of tricks from my grandfather, who died more than 20 years ago. One is a gimmicked deck that I've always wondered about. I've never had the instructions and I've always wondered what the name of the trick is, and what sort of presentation/patter is involved.

The deck is gimmicked in the same two ways the "Mental Photography" deck is; I'm sure you know what I mean. In fact, it looks exactly like they took a "Mental Photo" deck but printed over the blanks is a a design in which half have a green satan type figure, and half have a smaller satan face and a large green snake.

The mechanics of the trick would have to be about the same as "Mental Photography" but I've never seen anyone with this deck, or seen it advertised.

Anyway, it's a long-shot, but if you have ever seen it, or if it is still marketed I would appreciate any information on it.

Thanks a lot,

Duke
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
The effect is called "Delerium Tremens".

The patter was how about the dangers of excessive drinking and how it could make you see awful things that weren't there.

I used to have one of those decks... Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
Thanks Philemon,

That sort of makes sense, given the graphical design on the cards.

Thanks again,

Duke
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
As usual, Philemon beats me to the punch. I also had one of these decks while growing up. Have fun with it.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It all depends what the punch is spiked with... Smile

But reminding me of that old deck has given me inspiration for designing my own version of that deck... heehee...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."