The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: Interesting Window performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Sadly, I do not have an actual video of this, but it is about a video performance.

I just got back from watching Inglorious Basterds with my wife, and the pre-trailer, pre-commercial videos included a guy stopping a bunch of people walking out of a bar, and asking if he could show them a magic trick. Actually, I believe he worded it 'help me make a magic trick.'

Any who, his approach seemed so, I am not sure how to describe it besides "poor," that I was guessed it was going to be a joke of some sort, or a parody.

When he spread the cards and held them up, showing them the faces and said "look, they are all different, right?" and I became CERTAIN it was a joke.

That is, until he went to a nearby window, and showed a piece of paper covering his "prediction," at which point I thought, there is no way he'd doing Window, or Kennedy's Card Through Window.

Of course, as I am sure you've guessed by the title of his thread, he proceeded to perform Window.

Has anyone else seen this particular video? Anyone know if it was an "authorized" broadcast of the effect? Not that films is "broadcast," but it wasn't a televised performance that I saw at least.

Any who, besides that, I also found the approach, and the 'look at this completely ordinary X that I have,' to be incredibly amateurish.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I saw it... it shocked and saddened me. That's all I need to say.

Funny, I saw the same pre-show ad at the exact same movie.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Eh, maybe it's a Canadian thing.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.