The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Tally Ho (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mary Jane
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mary Jane
Is anyone else finding it increasing hard to get Tally Ho cards? The shops in London are now always out of stock, are they being phased out?

M
Jia Truong
View Profile
New user
Australia
38 Posts

Profile of Jia Truong
I don't think so. Tally Ho IMO are always harder to acquire than bicycles because they are only used by magicians or card enthusiasts. My local magic store doesn't even bother to stock them.
Presari0
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Presari0
Jia is right on the money here lowest I've seen them are at Theory11 for 2.05 cents a deck quite an awesome price for such an outstanding deck in my opinion. There are no places near my house that have even heard of them besides a gag shop about 40 minutes from me (is it just me or are all shops like hours away heh) so I always order online. Anyone else got these problems?
“Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.” - Ali Javan
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Since I am in Mexico,... I have got the same problems.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
I just got a couple of packs from Ebay..

well I don't do the Ebay thing, but I had someone get them for me Smile
MarkR
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MarkR
They should cost the same as bicycle cards. You can get them in bulk from Kardwell or any other supplier of cards.

They are always in stock at various places in the USA
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Has anyone else purchased the black fan-back poker 9 tallys? (not the Ellusionist cards) They come with a double *acker and a blank *ace card. The black deck handles like regular tallys and looks great.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
A friend recently came back from a trip to New York. He said he saw Tally-Ho's for sale everywhere, drug stores, etc.
I'm as real as you think I am
ico
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of ico
Apparently Tally-Ho is popular in NYC only...
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-10-31 06:49, ico wrote:
Apparently Tally-Ho is popular in NYC only...

Must be due to the large number of street walkers. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Simon17
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Simon17
In New York there are Tallys Everywhere. If you cant find them go to Kardwell of Theory11
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-09-15 04:07, Presari0 wrote:
Jia is right on the money here lowest I've seen them are at Theory11 for 2.05 cents a deck quite an awesome price for such an outstanding deck in my opinion. There are no places near my house that have even heard of them besides a gag shop about 40 minutes from me (is it just me or are all shops like hours away heh) so I always order online. Anyone else got these problems?

Great stuff, thanks! Smile
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
37 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
Here is a pricing experiment that I did for anyone interested. The reason I did this was because the theory11 prices seemed just too good to be true; I know that Tally-Ho's usually go for several dollars more elsewhere. Interestingly, the results are mixed.

I compared theory11.com to themagicwarehouse.com. The Magic Warehouse was chosen because it was recommended above and seemed like it offered Tally-Ho's for a pretty reasonable price.

3 decks:

theory11
• $2.25 per deck
• 3 decks - $6.75
• Shipping - $5.95

Total - $12.70

The Magic Warehouse
• $3.00 per deck
• 3 decks - $9.00
• Shipping - $4.95

Total - $13.95

Winner - theory11

6 decks:

theory11
• $2.14 per deck with 5% off for ordering 6
• 6 decks - $12.84
• Shipping $12.45

Total - $25.29

The Magic Warehouse
• $3.00 per deck
• 6 decks - $18.00
• Shipping - $5.00

Total - $23.00

Winner - The Magic Warehouse

12 decks:

theory11
• $2.02 and 1/2 cents per deck with 10% off for ordering 12
• 12 decks $24.30
• Shipping - $11.95

Total - $36.25

The Magic Warehouse
• $3.00 per deck
• 12 decks - $36.00
• Shipping - $6.45

Total - $42.45

Winner - theory11

It is interesting to note that the shipping goes up and down depending on what you order at theory11. It more than doubles when you go from 3 to 6 decks, yet it goes down when you go from 6 to 12. Shipping for The Magic Warehouse seems a lot more reasonable and it is explicitly stated that they estimate shipping by weight. Draw your own conclusions. That said, as you can see, if you order 3 or 12 decks at theory11 you do in fact get a better deal than at The Magic Warehouse. But for 6 it'll cost you a little more at theory11.

As a disclaimer I will say that I have never ordered anything from either of these companies, so I can't say anything about customer service or product condition. I'm just trying to exercise some basic thrift and pass along my findings.
"Sometimes magic sounds like tape."
-The Amazing Johnathan
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
You can find Tally-Ho decks in NYC in mini-mart type stores for as little as $2.50

-Vinny