The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Nate Kranzo's Visual Voodoo DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Is the melting coin a trio type routine?

Lee
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Pyro, it is not a coins across routine if that's what you meant. It is a production, vanish than reproduction of three coins much akin to the one that is on Hit The Road DVD.

Smile
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I received my copy yesterday. Watched it twice. Very good. Goodbye.

Okay, allow me to expand on this DVD slightly.

Reed hit the nail on the head, this DVD is all about simpicity. There is nothing exponentially difficult on the video. All will require some practice, but should be well within the grasp of a intermediate magician.

As for specific effects, well, here goes:

Melting Coin-This is just plain cool. Very visual magic. Coins appear from a flame, and seemingly melt away back into the flame. This has to be seen to be appreciated.

Mugger-Another coin effect, this time a wild coin. Very direct, and pretty to watch. Not my ball of wax, but still a cool routine.

The Card That Can't Be Palmed-Definitely eye candy. Quite possibly my favorite on the video. The animation of the card is just plain spooky. It looks like the card has a life of its own.

Voo Doo Card-Unlike everyone else, I was not to terribly impressed with this effect. It was good, but I have seen other variations that I prefer.

Tornado Straw-This is a cool piece. Not for everyone, or everywhere, but when the time is right, this is an eye popper.

Holy Pocket-This is one of two dissapointments on the tape. The effect just wasn't convincing to me. Seemed too complicated to reach the desired end.

Hot Shot Pocket-The other dissappointment. Many people will like this effect, I however, am not one of them. Don't know why, but this effect just didn't grab me.

All in all, this DVD is a stellar purchase. No, you won't like everything on it. No, you won't do everything on it. But you will like most of the material, and I promise that at least one effect will make its way into your repetroire.

On a side note, Nate goes out of his way to properly and appropriately credit others for moves, ideas, inspiration, etc. This along with great material earns this video Smile Smile Smile Smile Highly reccommended.

Sean
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
After reading Reed's review, I'm going to buy Nate's Visual Voodoo. The problem is that it's sold out!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
316 Posts

Profile of A.J.
This is a great video filled with real workers. Everything has been well thought-out with strong magic moments. Highly recommended.

A.J.
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
Could anyone tell me how many of the effects require gimmicks?

Thanks
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
If I remember - a slippery sam for one of the coin effects... Others like voodoo card can be quickly made yourself in seconds...

Personally this DVD is not one of my favourites... although I did learn how to properly perform the Di Manche Change (in the hand switch)... and got my first insight into JT's 3 fly - with an effect based loosly around it...
catch you later

Clarioneer
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Nate is a memeber here, and you could probably buy the dvd off him... he'll probably even sign it... I got to jam with him a while back and he's got some of the coolest effects out there... I hope he releases another dvd because he had some stuff that wasnt on the dvd, but it might as well have been... very visual killer stuff for laymen..
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2003-06-12 16:09, ixnay66 wrote:
Nate's Voodoo Card is basically Sankey's handling but he uses a business card rather then a 6 x 6 note card like Sankey does. Using your business card makes so much sense! I'm quite surpriesd Sankey didn't do it that way in the first place. I've been dying to try this out on someone.

I am a big fan of Nate's Voodoo Card. It has all the elements to fry the spec. during this Holloween spook fest! It should be great for close-up or walk-around. I, too, can't wait to show this effect to collegues and friends soon.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Is this a new DVD?
~Joe
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
No, the DVD came out in 2003. If you have trouble finding it, go to http://www.magicsmith.com I know they advertise it, just not sure if they too are sold out. I thought the DVD was better than "Outside the Box" and it has a mix of different things.

Cheers,

Bill
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Thanks Bill. My shop never carried it, so I missed it. It sounds very good.
~Joe
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this DVD and I really like it. The Voodoo card routine combines several principles that are all very doable for one really good effect. It gave me some ideas to take the effect even further.
KJ.