The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Barehanded by Kirk Kokinos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Looking at this DVD..... I always like really good coin vanishes and I maybe might want to add one of them to my routines. Does Kirk have something to contribute here? Can the vanishes be applied to other routines. Or do they have a bunch of requirements.

Thank you guys,
Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Well first, the whole DVD is based off of one move. Its not a BAD dvd, but its not the BEST either. I think it gets boring to watch the same moves done over and over again. His coins through table is pretty nice. Do I personally use the move? No hardly ever.

Maybe someone else will say something.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's not the best move out there. I'd pass on this!!

I watched the video again. There a couple interesting items, most notably his card routine at the end. very nice.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
IMHO the one move used throughout this entire video looks very fishy and would raise some suspision in the minds of an audience. Certainlt they wouldn't have a clue what you'd done, but I'm convinced that they would know you had done something - thus distroying the feeling of real magic taking place.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The move is fishy. It doesn't look good.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Review from Mike Close in Magic magazine: SUCKS! (although Mike was a lot more eloquent of course! LOL!)

Cheers,
Harv
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hi guys,

This is Kirk's first video and I know he put a lot of hard work into it. While not perfect, there is still some very strong coin work in here. His "angel coin" routine gets a gasp everytime I watch him do it, and I have watched him a lot, he helped me get my start. Maybe not perfect, but still some good material.

Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com