The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: World's Greates Magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dmatthew
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Dmatthew
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone who knows about the Master Card Techqnigue dvds from this sereies are good instructionals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
DM
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
They are excellent
It doesn't mean they are unique, but they are excellent.
You may want to consider R. Paul Wilson's DVD version of The Royal Road To Card Magic
Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles is another great source.
The new complete 10 DVDs of Darwin Ortiz is also a fabulous source.
Daryl's DVD set and Alan Ackerman are also potential sources for learning.

If I was just starting I would choose R. Paul Wilson's DVD version of The Royal Road To Card Magic (not as a fanatic but because I think it is SLIGHTLY more adapted to beginners)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Dmatthew
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Dmatthew
Lawrence, thanks for the confirmation about the dvds. I have Paul Wilson's Royal Road and have been through it. It is a great series. There are some other things on this series that are not on RR which I was interested in so I think I will check them out. I appreciate your help. Have a great day.
Dmatthew.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
One set of DVDs to definitely stay away from is my 4-volume "Best Ever" set. Such cr@p on them!! Best - HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I'm sorry Harry. As you know, I didn't mean that. I think that your card magic is terrific but for more advanced performers.

Harry Lorayne's Best Ever and Apocalypse and... all of his books are indeed something not to stay away from by any serious card worker, but to get into and study seriously when having jumped the first fences.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
Yes I agree... the WGM DVDS are good... you should also check out magic books too... usually more stuff in one book than a pile of DVDS!
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
Dmatthew
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Dmatthew
Thanks Harry I will keep that in mind. I like all of your work that I have seen. I also have quite a few books but it does help me to see a move performed. Timing is easier for me to catch with visual aid.
Thanks guys.
DM
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
There is a ton of stuff on the Lorayne DVD's beginners can use , all it takes is practice.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
I agree that Lorayne's stuff has a lot to offer... even a beginner. For one thing, he includes a lot of explanation and nuances surrounding an effect which is seldom found with others. I wish I'd have known about Harry when I was a beginner!
Dave
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1907 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2009-08-19 17:11, Harry Lorayne wrote:
One set of DVDs to definitely stay away from is my 4-volume "Best Ever" set. Such cr@p on them!! Best - HL.

I spit my coffee out on my keyboard. Wow, that was funny!

Seriously his "Best Ever" set is wonderful, some advanced some very easy. Thanks for the set Harry.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Thanks for the kind words, folk. It's interesting - I always assumed that my stuff is pretty much FOR beginners. I don't use or teach side steals, culls, panoramic shifts, diagonal palm shifts, back palming, second/bottom/middle deals, etc. You know why? Because I can't do the darn things! Yeah, sure, I expect my readers/viewers to be able to do the standards - a control, double lift, palm - occasionally a faro shuffle - but I usually TEACH those things. Anyway... HARRY L.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com