The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Books/Pamphlets/Notes :: Hypno-Bill by Phanthomas :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Often the trends we see in the magic community remind me of television programming provided by various networks.
You know, one minute you're seeing nothing but detective shows, and the next the so-called reality programs are coming at you. Smile

As of late I've seen a lot of magical effects in which the theme of changing currency has become very popular. Now whether or not this is all a big coincidence, I've yet to decide. But one thing's for sure, we as consumers are seeing some excellent visual effects along the way.

After I received a copy of Hypno-Bill, I spent some time playing with it for awhile, and I thought I would pass on a few thoughts for your consideration. Smile

Hypno-Bill by Phanthomas
---------------oOo-----------------

Effect: The performer clearly shows both sides of a bill and otherwise empty hands. He folds the bill once in half, and simply by waving one hand over the front of the bill, it changes instantly before the audience's eyes!

-------------------------------------------

Okay, what you just read is essentially what happens. More related to the classic $100 bill switch then most the other paper money tricks I've seen so far, this is a very effective way to grab the undivided attention of your audience members. And believe me, they will take notice.

What you receive is a six page booklet explaining all the details necessary for you to construct that special something that will enable you to perform this devilish piece of magic. Trust me, once you make this, you will use it.

The instructions are very clear and include no less the 23 full color photographs that insure you construct the gimmick correctly. Putting this together will take you around twenty minutes, but the rewards of your labors will be great indeed. Smile

Some of you may be wondering if this is superior to other bill effects such as Richard Sanders' Slow Burn.
That is actually a little tough to answer. What I mean to say is though the two effects could be perceived by some as being very similar, they are actually very different animals so to speak. That's really all I can say without fear of tipping the methods. To simplify matters, one could say Slow Burn uses multiple bills, and Hypno-Bill does not.
Bottom line is I think this is a very classy effect that would do well in most any performing situation, and I like it.
Recommended. Smile

My rating:

Available from your favorite dealer. Dealers should contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc., Click here to visit Murphy's website!
Dealers call toll free: 1-800-853-7403

Suggested retail: $15

To visit Phanthomas' website:
Click here!

You can contact Phanthomas directly at: master@brainshifter.com
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks