The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Docc Hilford's Million Dollar Deck :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
When I hear the name Docc Hilford, visions of strange and bizarre things start running through my mind. I love to watch him work because he is full of surprises, and is always coming up with something just a wee bit different then most mainstream magicians.

Every time I open one of his magical booklets, it is usually done with extreme caution, as I half expect a spider or some other multi-legged creature to come wandering out from between the pages. Smile

Having said all that, lend me your ear for just a few moments as I explore one of Docc's latest offerings. Don't worry, any and all inhabitants have been evicted. Smile

Docc Hilford's Million Dollar Deck
---------------oOo-----------------

Effect: Imagine picking up a fat stack of hundred dollar bills (you don't really need to have a stack of $100's lying around) and by simply removing the paper band and passing your hand over the money, the bills instantly change into a deck of cards! You can then go on to perform any of your favorite card tricks.

-----------------------------------------

Gee, nothing bizarre about that description...or is there?
I must say that what you just read is pretty much the way Docc's latest creation actually happens. Smile

Though straying off the beaten path from Docc's usual spooky style, this trick is still very devious and startling to say the least. The best part is the fact that the handling is actually quite easy (with a little practice), leaving you plenty of room to find a nice presentation.
Personally, I would not attempt to present this as an effect unto itself, but rather as a small miracle that occurs on the journey to bigger and better things. Smile

What you receive is a small booklet of nicely illustrated instructions, and a very clever gimmick. When I first saw the gaff I was somewhat disappointed, until I realized its only purpose was to give you the groundwork which allows you to build a nice mini-illusion as it were.

This trick does not just read well, it really does deliever the goods. One does need to work a bit on the handling, but I was comfortable using this in about a half hour. However, I would not think of performing this live until I can logically fit this into a much larger routine. But that's just the way I personally think. Your approach may be quite different.

As a side note I would advise using One Dollar bills as opposed to Hundreds. To me, it just seems more probable to have a stack of ones, if you know what I mean. Smile
You know, this may just replace my Shrinking Card Case. Recommended. Smile

My rating:

Available from your favorite dealer. Dealers should contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc., Click here to visit Murphy's website!
Dealers call toll free: 1-800-853-7403

Suggested retail: $15

For a full illustrated catalog of Docc's effects, send $2.00 to:
Docc Co. 10275 Collins Ave Suite 824 Bal Harbour, Fl. 33154

You can contact Docc Hilford directly at: Cocktail@stis.net
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks