The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Patriotism Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
In the U.S. July forth is coming around...
Here’s a basic script for a patriotism routine:

Because this routine can be for a variety of audiences, and it can also lead a group into the national anthem, the routine can be emblished to fit the individual situation. Stated as written can be used as a serious moment on July, 4th. With Kids, audience participation can be done by asking them questions, Starting out with the silks like
"Where do they see the Red, White and Blue everyday in school?" Someone usually responds back with the American Flag.

Show duel sided change bag empty, produce the following silks Blue, White and Red.

Blue Silk: The blue of the American Flag is for truth and justice, like the eternal blue of the star-filled heavens.

White Silk The white of the American Flag is for purity, cleanness of purpose, thought, word, and deed.

Red Silk The red of the American Flag is the life blood of the brave men and women, ready to die, or fight to live, for this, our country.

Place all Silks in Change Bag: Vanish the silks

Reach into the change bag and pull out the American flag silk by appropriate ends displaying a 36 inch American Flag and say: My flag - The flag of America, home of liberty, land of opportunity, where people of all races and creed, live in peace and friendship together.

Here is an opportunity to deliver a message to the kids about patriotism, if this is the way you want this routine to go.

I realize, the use of the American Flag brings added applause. In light of recent events, it is a great addition to add patriotism to one’s show. A reminder that magicians are human and empathic to our nation in need to deal with the present situation.

For those of other countries, change the wording to suit your specific situation.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Hi Dennis,
Thanks for sharing this patter. Coincidently I just ordered one of the Americal Flag Blendo Bags from Peter White. (P & A Silks.) I had been planning on doing a silent routine (with music) incorporating the blendo, but with your great patter, I may do it as a patter piece as well.
Dennis Loomis
http://www.loomismagic.com
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Dennis,
That's a great routine! You know, one thing you could do after producing the Flag is to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in it's original form...the way Francis Bellamy wrote it! I've got it written down somewhere in one of my Flag notebooks (I write stuff down so I don't HAVE to remember it!)

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Our Cub Scout Pack used this routine for one of the starting ceremonies which did lead to the Pledge of Allegiance.

I never new there was an original form of it! I would love to read it!
Dennis Michael
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Hi Dennis. I really like this!