The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Nee flesh colored spray paint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Anyone know where display spray paint, flesh color, is available in Los Angeles? Or online.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Guys that do miniature military figures use a brand called "Tamiya" and it comes in aerosol spray. Might try looking under hobby shops.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=85077

http://www.tamiyausa.com/dealers/state.php?id=CA

Just a thought.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The only paint actually labeled "Flesh" I have seen lately, was about 3 days ago at a hobby store. It was however, a bottle and not a spray, so you'd need an airbrush.

The way I color my Sausage Finger Illusions is spray several different colors in light mists to get a nice flesh tone. I use regular spray can colors to do this. It takes time and a good eye for color, though.

Just as a thought, I just did a quick search for mannequin repair, and there are many online listings. They may be be able to offer you a source for paint.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks the military spry looks like it.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Your welcome!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3045 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Back when I was a kid I wanted to make a little flesh-colored device but couldn't find any paint that even came close to my skin color. So I hit on the idea of using the paint I found, but then adjusting the color with some of my Mom's face powder, dusted on while the paint was still wet. Worked really well, even if it left her shaking her head at this kid of hers.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Stanyon: Thanks just ordered the paint.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There was a company called Design Masters that made craft paint and was used in the floral industry. They made a very good flesh colored paint. You can often find their paint at JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels. I imagine you would have to order it in this color.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
I used to use Tamaya paint and Tamaya model airplane kits all the time when I was a kid...their stuff used to be the best.

ahhh, good times.

-Vinny
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Wasn't there a big controversy about a decade ago involving Crayola and the term "Flesh" tone? Last I checked, the human race has a lot more than just one color.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
I bought some at Walmart a year or so ago. I remember it was in the craft deptartment. I think it is acrylic paint. I used it on plastic and it worked really well.

Regan
Mister Mystery
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's a good tip.

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com