The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine :: Rea Life Nightshades (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Hi everyone.

I am proud to say that my effect Real Life Nightshades will be appearing in the August issue of Genii Magazine.

You all know this classic plot. Sunglasses drawn on a one dollar bill flip onto Georges' forehead. A great effect but it is a little 2D.
Now you can flip a real pair of sunglasses up to your forehead at any point you want. No thread to hand, foot, behind back, you can perform this as a quadruple amputee, and no large jerk upward of the neck. After a one time setup it is completely impromptu.

I personally use Real Life Nightshades as a fake for Paul Harris Nightshades. Announce to everyone that you will make a drawn pair of glasses lift up to Georges' forehead but to your dismay it won't work. As you look up to apologize everyone sees your own glasses sitting on your forehead. Works great on magicians who think they know what is coming.

Look for it in http://www.geniimagazine.com/

As always,
Dylan
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
Stratford, CT should have more than
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
I love the effect! I'm kind of mad at myself because I just subscribed to Genii yesterday so I can't get the issue with this effect in it unless I order it separately (I might do that anyway)... anyways I hope I'll be able to read the issue.

Oh and could you possibly post a video for the effect? I'm not quite sure how it looks Smile

Thanks,
Sam
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
A video does exist thanks for askng.

It was taken a few years ago and I really needed a tan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h88yAGuMp8E

As always,
Dylan
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
Oh cool thanks! It looks better than I expected...

Sam
"There's something that gets in your soul when you study magic,it's in your heart, and when you perform it comes across the footlights and into everybody else's heart..."
-Denny Haney
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1387 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Very clever method Dylan. Congrats on getting it published!
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
Yay! I'm getting this issue first thanks to the great folks over at Genii. Smile
-Denny Haney
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
I just got the issue yesterday and read it through... amazing method.

Something fun I like to do with it is wait for someone to say something unbelievable and then I look shocked while making the glasses go all the way up instantly. It gets great reactions.
-Denny Haney
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Quote:
On 2009-08-04 15:36, Sam Weiss wrote:

Something fun I like to do with it is wait for someone to say something unbelievable and then I look shocked while making the glasses go all the way up instantly. It gets great reactions.

Nice. I am glad I am not the only one that does that on occasion.

Dylan
Sam Weiss
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Sam Weiss
Ha ha... exactly...
-Denny Haney
JIMclubber64
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of JIMclubber64
I'm not getting this to work for me. I'm sure I have the hook-up right, but I don't know what the problem is. Help, anyone?
"Magic should always have a purpose. [...] Find your purpose for performing. Only then will you be able to find the right trick!" -- Jay Noblezada
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
PMed you Jim.

As always,
Dylan
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Congratulations, Nice take on this effect!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I subscribed to Genii in July...I'm gettin gthis issue and that's a nice effect
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Dylan,
Great effect. Its one I've marked to try out.

thanks

CW
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 14:38, Comedy Writer wrote:
Dylan,
Great effect. Its one I've marked to try out.

thanks

CW

Let me know how it goes. I would be more then glad to help if there are any problems.

As always,
Dylan