The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: DVD/Video tape scene :: Identity DVD by Richard Sanders :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Identity DVD by Richard Sanders
-------------oOo------------

Disc Description: Walk up to someone you've never met and have a card chosen, marked and shuffed into the deck. Next, you draw a series of random marks on the back of any indifferent card. Those marks VISIBLY JUMP from card to card, finally VANISHING COMPLETELY. The deck is slowly spread to reveal the marks on the back of one card...the spectator’s signed selection.

ONE LAST INCREDIBLE KICKER... you offer the card to the spectator as a souvenir. In order to personalize it...you shake the card...and get ready for this...THE MARKS ON THE BACK OF THE CARD VISUALLY REFORM INTO THE SPECTATOR'S VERY OWN NAME!

Yes, the marks VISUALLY REFORM with no cover whatsoever ...into the name of the spectator that you just met!

With NO SWITCH... the card is immediately handed to the spectator to keep. It is completely examinable!

KEY POINTS:

• No previous knowledge of the spectator is necessary
  • Perform for anyone
  • Instantly reset
  • Completely examinable
  • The ultimate give away

Bonus material, sleights and handlings included!

OVER 2 HOURS OF NO HOLDS BARRED, DVD TRAINING:

IDENTITY EXTENDED: The full monte, multi-phased effect.

IDENTITY CONDENSED: Short and sweet, go straight for the jugular!

IDENTITY MAXED OUT: This is a take no prisoners, maxed out version of the effect. This will fry magicians!
PLUS: A special surprise addition, sleight of hand workshops, bonus moves, psychology, handlings tips and more.

NOTE: ( A basic to intermediate level of card handling skill is recommended for this effect, however all sleights used in this effect are well taught on the DVD )

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

A Gimmicked Bicycle card and full training DVD that will guide you through every step of this effect, including method, performance, variations, handling tips and all the subtleties that make this effect so devastating!

---------------------------------------

During my early magic years (circa 1970's = I'm an old guy Smile ) it seemed that at least once a year a new and exciting magic effect was being released by either the very prolific Steve Dusheck or the equally ingenious John Cornelius. Both of these gentlemen never seemed to disappoint when it came to delivering extremely strong magic which usually combined clever thinking and routining with very diabolical methods.

Enter magician and creator Richard Sanders who is quickly building quite a track record in regards to creating extremely strong effects which are not only clever in their inner workings, but often down right scary to see in performance - even for us magicians.

Indeed, with past magic hits like Interlace, Fiber Obtics Extended, Extreme Burn and more recently the mega hit Tagged it is easy to see why Richards latest release Identity has been so anticipated by not only members of our Magic Café community but magicdom in general.

Having said all that, in the Richard Sanders tradition does Identity deliver what it promises? I think it does and in spades.

Let me explain myself. Smile

First, the effect is extremely strong and very unsettling to a layperson. Remember, these are seemingly ordinary playing cards which have marks moving around (marks that they just saw you write on the card) which end with the participates name appearing on a card (and not just any card, but a card that earlier they drew a picture on the reverse side) that they can now take home and keep! For a close-up magician It doesn't get much better than that - period.

Second, the sleights, moves and subtleties required to master and perform this gem can be learned by anyone who seriously sits down and decides that they really want to incorporate this routine into their current repertoire. Most intermediate performers will know most (if not all) of the moves or at the very least are aware of them. If you are a beginner, I can think of no better reason to learn these sleights - yes the trick is that good. Smile

Next, Richard does his typically good job of teaching this trick from the ground up. Everything is covered and covered well I may add. Several variations and situations are addressed and all the required moves and handling are systimatically gone over leaving no stone unturned. Hey, you are even provided with a gaffed card so no hassles looking around for that special something. You will need a felt tip pen (black) and I recommend the Marks-A-Lot brand as it leaves a nice bold mark. In a fix a Sharpie pen will work but just be aware that the lines will not show as well. If you work in a pub or bar with low lighting this may well be a concern.

Finally, the DVD is produced well using professional studio cameras and sound equipment. Everything (including the menu) works like it should making the whole learning experience a party to be enjoyed rather than a chore to be forgotten. I like this a lot and recommend you give this your serious consideration! Smile

---------------------------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is $29.95 (DVD)

Available from your favorite dealer or you may purchase directly from Richard Sanders.

You may email Richard at:

info@sandersfx.com

Or visit his website by
Clicking here!

Dealers - contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
11500 Gold Dredge Way
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95742
Toll Free Order Line: 1-800-853-7403
Or visit Murphy's website:

Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks