The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: If you've ever been interrupted by a cell phone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
He handled it superbly.
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
I didn't vote for the guy...but everytime I see him I am forced to admit: the guys got class, and more importantly the guys got style.

Indeed, he did handle it superbly.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Steven Youell handles a phone ringing during his performance a little bit different!
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I've seen ventriloquists respond by pointing out the person, and if it isn't an emergency, proceeding to mimic both sides of the conversation, one in regular tones, and one in the "phone" voice.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Recently my cell phone was ringing during a GAZZO lecture.

Gazzo says...hand me the phone,,,, and I do.

He answers the phone and says,

I have two questions maam.

1st Question - What has little balls and hangs down?

Answer: A Bat

2nd Question - What has big balls and hangs up?

He then hung up on the caller.

My elderly mother has still not recovered!
:dancing:
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Haha gazzos quality
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Pedro Haluch
View Profile
New user
I definetely should have more than
62 Posts

Profile of Pedro Haluch
I was doing magic to this couple on the streets, when my cellphone started ringing. It was that regular Nokia tune by the time, so apparently the girl also used it, because she putted her hand on her pocket. I then said "Is that your phone ringing?" She answered "I don't know.." while getting the phone from the pocket. Fact is that both her and her boyfriend/husband looked at her pocket, and that was enought time for me to get the cellphone from my pocket, and place it under de deck, which was fanned. I then said "Wait a second, the sound looks like it's coming out of the deck." I then just pretended to pull the cellphone from the middle of the deck and answered it. Duing my whole 20 seconds conversation, both had their mouths opened.
You guys should try this actually.
Set the alarm, or whatever xD.

Kindly,

Pedro Haluch
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
When I was watching Gazzo busk, someone was on their cellphone during his show... he did something similar to what was described above.

He asked the phone's owner what the colour of the phone that the person on the other end of the line had. She replied "Black".

So Gazzo went on the phone and said, "Hello, here's a riddle for you... what is small, black, and goes dead in your hand?"... before the person had a chance to respond, Gazzo hung up. Hilarious.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Or do a over the telephone effect, maybe?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I saw that gazzo thing on youtube, great stuff

reading the comments at the bottom of the obama thing, the "LBGT" community is quite upset that he called them all "ducks". Maybe, just maybe, the RINGTONE sounded like a duck...
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Smart solution (and it works):

http://www.phonejammer.com/home.php?cat=249
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 02:36, Kjellstrom wrote:

That's illegal in many jurisdictions..but very effective equipment nonetheless. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 02:40, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 02:36, Kjellstrom wrote:

That's illegal in many jurisdictions..but very effective equipment nonetheless. Smile

I've heard of a number of churches using them, because the cell phone ringing got to be a big problem.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5209 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Where can I buy a talking-jammer?
Many people are very annoying when they talk, sure.
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
Banachek had a great prediction idea for cell phone interuptions. This eliminates the embarassment of a spectator who never wanted to interrupt and makes them a positive part of your show.

The phone rings. You ask the person who it was...what the callers number was..You explain that a name and number came to you earlier in the day yet you had no idea what it meant until now..and at that moment you reveal a folded piece of paper from your wallet/pocket...you unfold it to reveal it had something written on it in advance.... the number and name of their caller matches what was written down in advance. Masterful and easy to do.
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I was at Kozmo's lecture and before the lecture started he did his street show. Well, during the show someone's phone rang. What Koz did was, he stared at the guy until he walked away talking on the phone, then Kozmo chased after him. It was hilarious...
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia