The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: July Issue Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
July Issue already delivered yesterday. Magic mag is really on top of their game with subscriptions. They are mostly early. June 22nd and the July issue is in my mailbox. I hope others have the same experience.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
How are the effects in Josh Jay's column? How is the Matthew Dowden card routine?
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
J.J.column has some nice effects this month including 2 nice Non-Card items dealing with a borrowed $1 bill and a pencil thru borrowed bill . Matthew's routine read good but this I have not worked out yet, just got issue yesterday. Will keep you posted on it though.
Eric Fry
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Eric Fry
I enjoyed Al Baker's comments on Alexander Herrmann from an interview in the early 1940s, although they weren't very concrete. I'm always interested in anecdotes or comments about Herrmann. It seems as if he was a special performer, but magicians who saw him don't exactly explain what made him special.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I was surprised to see Vision pen through bill. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be published by Kranzo Magic, but it was then found out not to be original. It's very, very similar in method and effect to Ben Morris-Rain's Puncture(d).
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hmmm that's odd. Did they Credit Ben?

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Nope.
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
They published Vision in Talk about tricks? Geezeeeeeeeeeee. I don't blame Magic or Josh Jay, but I've told Nicholas at least ten times not to publish it and he just kept doing what he wanted.

That's creating magic for you...

Peace,
Ben Morris-Rains
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
He'll get burned for it, I'm sure.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
Haha, honestly, probably not. We will see though.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Maybe contact Joshua Jay and you'll get some credit?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Josh will probably write about it in the next issue if you contact him... in Errata or something.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
The July '09 issue is great, but like many times, it has too many card tricks. I'd like to see some other areas of magic covered like coins, silks, IT work, etc.

"Magic" is a wonderful magazine and I love to read it, but I hope they will expand our horizons with less card effects.

dsalley13
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Too many card tricks? Is that a serious comment? I recall only ONE card effect (plus the Expertalk) this month. Correct me if I'm wrong please, I don't have the issue on hand at the moment.
nicholas1uusi
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of nicholas1uusi
I am VERY sorry about this. I sent this to ages before I sent it to Nathan Kranzo and long before I found out it not to be original. I had forgotten it a long time ago, and then when I found out it was too late to stop it. You can ask Joshua yourself.

I am VERY sorry about this. Please try to understand!

Best regards

/Nicholas