The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Need Music for a Handcuff Escape Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Any suggestions as what to use? I was thinking maybe something from a movie like "Lord of the Rings"/"Two Towers," or something else.

Don Smile
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Don,

Personally, I would stay away from music that is too reminiscent of a current hit movie. There are times that recognizable music can enhance a routine (David Copperfield uses music for this a lot) but I tend to pick tracks that support the moment.

I like to use buy-out, or royalty-free, music. If you go to Yahoo and search for "buyout music" you'll find a bunch of companies that have music online. You can browse through them and listen to samples of the tracks. Try The Music Bakery at:

http://www.musicbakery.com/

for starters. They have their music organized better than some of the other sites. Tip: If you like a track, try and figure out which CD it's on. Buying an entire CD of royalty-free music is less expensive than buying track by track.

Jeff
magicpro
View Profile
New user
montreal
51 Posts

Profile of magicpro
Anything intense.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hello Don,

There is a new CD on the market for Escape Artists called Mindscapes: Free your Mind.

All royalty-free and only $10 that's not a bad deal I think.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
"Flight of the Bumble Bee"
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Please release me?
Let my people go?
They're coming to take me away? (Good for straightjackets)

Sorry...I couldn't resist Smile Smile
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Thank you all

Shawn, Marshall, and Neale I think Dean Martin sang Please Release Me. I'll look into it. I think I do have Flight of the Bumble Bee.

Don