The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Packet vanishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Hassan
View Profile
New user
Cairo,Egypt
59 Posts

Profile of Hassan
The only Packet vanishes I am familiar with are Marlo's Climax Sleeving & Arthur

Buckley's Fan vanish, and I have seen Dai Vernon's Slow Motion Vanish but I don't

really know if it can be done using a packet of cards, if you can help me naming other

Packet Vanishes and where they could be found, that would be great.

Thank you
Hassan
View Profile
New user
Cairo,Egypt
59 Posts

Profile of Hassan
Don't rush everyone, you can all post one at a time.
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Hassan,

I don't know if this will help, but Bill Malone has a nice vanish at the end of one of his tricks on the DVD, "On The Loose - Vol. 2." It's not a complete vanish, but he starts with 4 cards and ends up with one card. The name of the trick is "END OF STORY (Gemini Twins.)" Very clever and creative ending for a classic Bro. John Hamman effect.

What I like about it, is that you set up the spectator at the beginning, by calling attention to the fact that the most important thing to remember... is that you'll be using ONLY 4 cards. As the story progresses to the end, you ask them if they remember what the most important thing was, and they respond, "That you were ONLY using 4 cards." At that point, you drop the card on the table and say, "Nope... I was ONLY using ONE card."

As I said before... not exactly a packet vanish. But, I hope you'll check it out anyway.

Dave
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
Hassan
View Profile
New user
Cairo,Egypt
59 Posts

Profile of Hassan
That's exactly what I'm looking for, but the three cards vanish completely, right?

do you have a performance video for it?

Thank you,

Hassan
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Hassan,

At the end of the trick, the spectator sees you count 4 cards from one hand to the other (which have all changed to Kings.) This is the climax of the trick. Then you ask if they remember what the most important thing was... and just drop a single King on the table. The other 3 Kings have vanished completely. I've even had them pick up the King... thinking the others were there under it.

No, I don't have a performance video of it (I've never learned how to upload a clip on YouTube.) I may try to learn how this week. If I'm successful, I'll let you know.

As I mentioned before, it's on Vol. 2 of Bill Malone's "On The Loose" DVD. The 4 volume set is well worth the money, with many great 'useable' card effects.

Dave
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
Hassan
View Profile
New user
Cairo,Egypt
59 Posts

Profile of Hassan
I see.

Thank you,

Hassan
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Craig Petty has a pretty cool packet vanish in his Pentacle dvd. You have to be seated to do it... It's on the first routine of the dvd. Check it out.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10964 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hassan send me a pm with e mail I will send you my technioque to vanish apacket
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
By sudying Lennart Green's Lecture Notes I could find many deceptive usages for his techniques. Most people I know only use it for his 'Laser Deal', but it is deeply useful, even for partial packet vanishes in the spectattor's hands.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Yes, Fabio, but can you do it standing up?

Dov
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Absolutely. It is indeed VERY risky, for the angles must be more than just precise, but it is pretty worth trying out and experimenting.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Green uses the Later Palm (as does Steranko) for many different things including (as you point out Fabio) a vanish, a false count, an exchange/transposition and a control. It is incredible to watch him - even knowing what he's doing it's hard to nail him.

Dov
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Ooops - my bad - typo - of course I meant the "Lateral Palm"