The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Science of Magic :: Floating (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
HMAC
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of HMAC
http://www.grand-illusions.com/acatalog/FunFlyStick.html

anyone thought of using this as an effect ?

By putting the Van Der Graaf generator on you and having big plastic choose, you could even do it with your hands instead of the wand...

cheers
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I doubt that I would purchase a product like this from someone who can't even spell Van de Graaf. If by "choose," you mean shoes, it would take a huge pair of shoes to accomplish this. The Van de Graaf generator would have to be on the ground. You couldn't carry it on you.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
This is science at his best.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
You can get a charge out of it..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
todd fritz
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of todd fritz
I have one. actually, it's my sons. I've noodled with it a bit and I don't think it would be practical, it's very difficult to control the motion of the floating foil and there is a VERY LOUD hum.

I"m stil looking at using a normal size van de graaf generator to float some things but controlling the float continues to be my biggest problem.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
This is a great thing to play with. I will say to get control of it takes a while but hay what a fun afternoon. I also found having the battries at there best helped. I used recharable battries and when the dulled a bit I poped them in to othere toys or recharged them. The company Grand illisiouns I hve used personaly and while collecting toys for the science museum. The service is great and do note that most products have videos of the owner demostrating them not a flashy force video from the maker.

Get one and have fun.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
link8822
View Profile
New user
Central Jersey, NJ
66 Posts

Profile of link8822
I got this for a friend for his bday. I could definitely see it being put to use in a stage show. It will take practice to get the hang of it, but it does look pretty cool.