The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Fixing a Tango Flipper Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I have a Tango flipper coin (half dollar). The secret part broke and I need to see how to replace it. I saw a post about fixing a Schoolcraft flipper. Is the process the same?

Thanks,
Michael
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Yes, that will fix it the same way.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Thank you!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Tango Pro-Gravity or the standard Flipper? They do work a little differently.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Standard Flipper.

Michael
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Much appreciated.

Michael
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Hi guys,
Can you please advise how to fix Pro-Gravity flipper coin? I bought Mirage coin set by Craig Petty and after playing with it for one week my coin was brocken.
This is quite expensive coin and I will be very appreciate for any ideas of how to fix this coin.

Thanks,
iluzjonista
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I recently purchased a Tango Pro GF Coin. I immediately emailed Mr. Tango for the directions for repairing the coin or replacing the band. After a few days he replied with a link to a web site that has a video of him giving step by step instructions for doing just that for a pro gravity flipper.

I don't understand why he doesn't publish the site; however, if he chooses not to do so, I will accede to his wishes.

BTW he personally narrates the instructions in quite fluent English.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I did fix mine earlier this year. I noticed I could not insert the band around the sealed in part. So I took a small screw driver to pry the small part off. I noticed it was connected by glue previously. I put the band around the small part and used Super Glue to glue the small part back in place. Careful not to get any of the glue on the band, it might melt/weaken it. I next inserted the band tightly around the bigger piece, and positioned it in place.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Follow this link for some pretty decent instructions on fixing a flipper http://www.coinmagictricksblog.com/props......er-coin/
Hope that helps

Regards
Sean
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-04-05 06:36, seangiles wrote:
Follow this link for some pretty decent instructions on fixing a flipper http://www.coinmagictricksblog.com/props......er-coin/
Hope that helps

Regards
Sean

Wow. A new blog to follow!

Thanks, Sean

Alan
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I find that the improvement in quality with Tango products, since he launched his TUC, quite impressive
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 22:09, Tonylew wrote:
I recently purchased a Tango Pro GF Coin. I immediately emailed Mr. Tango for the directions for repairing the coin or replacing the band. After a few days he replied with a link to a web site that has a video of him giving step by step instructions for doing just that for a pro gravity flipper.

I recently bought a Tango Ex [, partly to receive his new "Tangopedia' DVD which details many effects using the gaff coins he produces. At the very end of the DVD is a section "Bonus: How to Repair Coins". There's an 11 minute video showing 1) repair of a flipper coin (the video seems to be set at his production area), 2) methods for opening a flipper, 3) repair of a folding coin with elastic thread and 4) repair of a folding coin with rubber band.

I wonder if the first section, showing the repair of a flipper, is the same as that which 'Tonylew' viewed? It seems sensible that it might be; since (I think) the Tangopedia accompanies all his products (except the TUC), it's a good way to get that info out to all new owners. Either way, it's nice of Mr. Tango to include on the "Tangopedia' DVD.

Larry S.
tkdario
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tkdario
Does anyone know where you buy the elastic replacement thread instead of the rubber band for the Tango Half Dollars? Cant seem to find any. I figure it would be a easier on the Pro Gravitys to fix. Thanks