The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Stories for Coins (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
Here is a follow up to the Dixon story. It is true! and you can get a very nice replica of the coin here:

http://store.hunley.org/Merchant2/mercha......Code=LTD

I think the follow up story that it was thought a myth for 137 years just adds to the fun of the story.
jerome96114
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jerome96114
Quote:
(...)
There are the Bible stories (30 pieces silver, widows' mite, tribute coin, 1/2 shekel in fishes mouth) but I haven't figured out how an affect can be used in these.

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp2Cmr6ZFTo Smile
(Well, it is not a bible-story involving coins, but at least a bible-story told by coin magic ... )
jerome96114
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jerome96114
Personally I like to tell a little story around Platos' 4 cardinal values, using a 4 coin/4cards matrix.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1548 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've challenged myself to work on presentations that are out of the ordinary, presentations in which the coins are circumstantial. I've been studying the work of Robert Neale, Eugene Burger, and Rene Lavand, and all three have become masters at this.

For instance, one of the routines I'd worked out years ago was Phil Goldstein's Sinology (the coin trick on volume three of Eugene Burger's Magical Voyages series.) While I learned it years ago, I hadn't performed it because I couldn't come up with a presentation that fit me. I liked how Eugene does it, but he's into Eastern philosophy and I'm not...so it fit him, but not me. However, I could take his idea of two men - one from the East, and one from the west - and created a presentation that talks about an issue that I'm concerned about: racial prejudice.

- Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
FriarShaun
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
81 Posts

Profile of FriarShaun
This might upset a few purists but I have found that the coin replicas from aliexpress.com are quite good and don't have COPY stamped on them. Some very rare coins have stories all their own and you can get a copy. Also they have quite a collection of foreign coins, (I love the Una gold peace). Some of the coins are so interesting they practically inspire stories by themselves.
Ed Solomon
View Profile
New user
Ed Solomon
70 Posts

Profile of Ed Solomon
Tooting my own horn, Leaping Lizards carries one of my books called MONEY MATTERS.
This covers stories with coins and bills, humorous, serious, sad, and unbelievable. Tried and tested,
there are some moving stories to please most every taste and ability level.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
I am currently working on a one coin routine where I combine a shrinking and growing half dollar and the story I am going to use is about the time I went to area 51 and while I was there I found this bag with a coin in it. The title on the label of the bag reads...

"Experiment X571:Metal,Stealth - Failed!"

I'll be talking about how stealth technology makes objects seem smaller (showing small coin) on radar, but in reality it is normal size (make it normal coin) and in the past how they even tried to make objects totally vanish both on radar and to the eyes (make coin vanish). Only to reappear when the object gets to the intended target (coin reappears). So, I am wondering why this coin says failed? (show jumbo coin) Oh never mind! end of routine.

Like I said this is preliminary works right now. I am learning the moves first then will right the story when I have the research done. I don't know how it will play, but the idea sounded good in my head.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2010, The Great Smartini wrote:
Here's my poetic script for the Hopping Half which I created way back in Feb. 2005.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3

Hopping Half Script

Twas purest coincidence an occurence most strange
when they met in a vending machine.
They fell head over tails, this was no small change,
He knew he wanted her for his Queen.

Once Toonie was moved to brand new Quarters
But he slipped through a hole in the glove.
His affection for Centavo transcended all borders
He found his way back through the magic of love.

Centavo once flipped, to coin a phrase
Down a small, covered well for a wish.
She used her common sense, and the very next day
She returned, though she smelt like a fish.

A collector once found Toonies 2 cents worth
He was shipped to far off Bucharest.
But though between them lay the breadth of the earth
Centavo's love didn't fail the test.

One day Centavo found herself in a pickle
And was left on a railroad track.
The train came, she wasn't worth a plugged nickle
Toonie saw she would never came back.
In pocket change heaven Centavo now resides
and through the magic of love Toonie also joined her side.

Enjoy!

jeff

A love story with two coins!
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine