The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS! :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I still can't stop laughing, but on the Jerry Springer Show there was a magician and his assistant (sorry I don't recall their names) that did the Sub-Trunk, but, NAKED! That's Right, completely in the nude!
They were not very fast with the switch so I'm not even sure if they were magicians by trade. However it's amazing to see what some people will do just to be on T.V.!

P. Smile
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5935 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Did they manage to not expose the method?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

That's one thing they didn't do, they kept the secret safe. They also blacked out all the private parts of both the female assistant and the male magician. I have a feeling they might be strippers (exotic dancers) by trade, and they were using magic as their gimmick! It was very poorly done, and you can't help but laugh at these people. Jerry must pay his guests quite well!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Well there goes me & Steve's big finish for our act Smile

Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Hmmm, but this puts a whole new spin on table hopping! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
There was a nude magic double act in England in the seventies, I remember a picture in one of the national papers but cannot remember what happened to them.

Anything on Springer is usually dire though.

Paul.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Peter, the most amazing thing here is that you admitted publicly to watching the Jerry Springer show! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Smile Smile Smile You're funny Peter! Actually I was flipping thru the channels when I came across it. But I heard of another Magician named Maria who is perfroming on the Springer show (it may have been the same one I saw) She apparently has a new sexual twist on the sawing in half illusion..... Hmmmmm.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Maybe I should start watching the show! This just gets better and better! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
I heard that when Oprah retires in a couple of years Jerry Springer will take over her book club.......That is if any of his guests learn to read by then!
Smile Smile

Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I think some close up workers can start using the naked theme. Think of all the built in misdirection. I think there might be a book in the works.

Smile Smile
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I see as soon as Springer is mentioned things go down hill....Smile

Paul
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Quote:
On 2002-03-28 06:11, Peter Loughran wrote:
Plus you could still use a T.T.! Perhaps in two places!(Mine would have to be an extra jumbo size though) Smile

P.

Why? Is your thumb really that big? LOL

Best thoughts,
John:rotf:
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
That's a heck of a way to prove you have nothing up your sleeve. Smile
I would do an act in the nude but I stopped doing stand-up comedy quite some time ago.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Well, since we've degenerated to this level, have any of you seen the act by Paula Panda aka Alexandra the Great aka Paula Paul? She worked men's clubs in the south (mostly FL I believe). Her act started with very nice magic (billiard ball manipulation I think) in a flowing ball gown (no pun intended) then took off her top and performed a zombie routine. She then produced silks and macaws. Finally she completely stripped down and performed the floating cane to prove that nothing was up her sleeve.

Actually, she is a good magician and quite committed to improving her skills. She has performed in Aruba and at the Magic Castle. She believed that in order to keep working regularly she had to accept any venue she could find without restrictions or inhibitions.

She tends to keep a rather low profile in the magic community such that most magicians don't know her or about her; however, I believe she has a website and she should get some recognition for her commitment.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Scott, Sounds interesting ... but this is April Fool's Day after all! But I believe you! Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
She's a member here.

Smile
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Talk about your misdirection!

(C'mon, *somebody* had to say it!)

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
In the UK there's a TV show called Eurotrash which sometimes featured a resident magician called "The Amazing Randy" (note spelling - over here the word 'randy' means 'aroused', as well as being a name). Anyway, he performed such tricks as the finger chopper, except that he didn't use his finger.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Now THERE'S a picture I don't want in my mind! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com