The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: Albo series of books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kenny Dew-It
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Kenny Dew-It
With the Albo series of books; why do some of my books have a stamped number of the run, some have a hand numbered, and some have no number at all?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Not sure what you mean. I have the Albo series (Except #5) and I did not notice the numbers you are asking about.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Kenny Dew-It
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Kenny Dew-It
I have some doubles in my collection, I was building my set 1 book at a time until I found out about the Vol-5 mishap and was told rarely would I find a 5 sold by itself, and then bought a complete set. So I have two Vol-1 and one has a "hand stamped" 32 in it, the other has nothing. Another of my doubles is a signed copy from Dr Albo where he also inscribed #621. So were the numbers being keeped by Dr Albo as he signed them, was there an original attempt to number the earlier volumes and he gave up on it? Just seeing if someone out there knows some of that history or not.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Kenny,
I will have to double check my set. I had purchased #2 at a book fair at Stanford University. After getting it home, the 1st page was inscribed "To Bing Crosby, warm regards and best wishes, Robert Albo"
So I actually called Dr. Albo (who lives in Piedmont Ca.),and he informed me he use to golf with Bing and had given hin #1 & #2, and that was Bing's book. So if you do not get your answers, I am sure you could call Dr. Albo.
I will check mine tonight and let you know.
Rennie
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Kenny,
Just pulled out Volume #1. It states on the inside " This Edition of The Oriental Magic of the Bambergs Has Been Limited to One Thousand Numbered Copies This Copy is Number" and 207 is handwriten in ink. This volume has been inscribed by Dr. Albo.
Not sure if this helps or not.
Rennie
Kenny Dew-It
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Kenny Dew-It
Thanks Rennie
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1797 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2009-05-27 21:18, Kenny Dew-It wrote:
Thanks Rennie

that's it ?