The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Food for thought :: In Transit Actions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I just ran across this theory for the first time today. I was wondering if you experienced magi would share your thoughts on it's application and effectiveness as well as your interpretation of the theory. Smile
Yakworld.
How_Soon_Is_Now
View Profile
New user
Israel
58 Posts

Profile of How_Soon_Is_Now
Juan Tamariz is a great proponent of in transit actions.
A more easy to find source discussing this is the Card College series.
If I'm not wrong Kurtz talks about this, but I'm not sure he uses this term.
It has to do with one of the important rules of magic - keeping a natural flow. The basic idea is that a sleight or secret action is performed under the cover of a natural lesser action during a primary motivated action.
This way the lesser action, and the sleight it hides have less focus and the sleight is not noticed or the lesser action not remembered at later deconstruction.
"I know your trail of tears, your slip of hand/ Your monkey paw, your monkey claw/ And you monkey hand/ I've seen your trick of blood, your trap of fire/ Your ancient wound, your scarlet moon/ And your jailhouse smile" - Cave
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Well put! I feel it is a VERY important, practical concept.

Vernon summed it up before this theory was given this name: Be natural. This theory has more to it, of course, but at its core, it means doing the "move" in the course of a natural action.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page