The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Video of Actual Stage Show Induction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Here is an actual stage induction from a stage show. Its the best one Ive seen on line. Usually, you will just see the skits. You will notice one woman who would not go down easily. I like how he handled her instead of simply dismissing her: Also, he used no music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzylkf6Yce8&feature=related

Anyone else have any actual stage induction videos, I would love to see them!

Thanks
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
These weren't that rapid. The deepening part was really the true induction. Plus he would've done work before to select them.

Some hypnotists will keep volunteers on stage even if they are not very responsive. They use them to dress the stage by keeping them there while they use the best subjects for the skits.

I have seen a famous hypnotist have dozens on the stage and not let any of them go in the first half of the show I ncase he lost the ones on the seat. Infact the whole of the first part of the show was conditioning the volunteers.

Pretty boring to watch though.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Anthony Galie in the clip has a great style and smooth delivery. I love his work and how well he weaves it into a corporate presentation.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Yes he does have a great corporate slant. He takes his time though. But still makes it entertaining to watch. Plus he really makes sure the content isn't offensive.

Would corporates over here take to that? Traditionally at least up here corporates don't want hypnotists. But perhaps if you framed the show in a certain way it might be feesable?

Have you tried to get into those big style confrences he seems to do Ant?

This is something I have thought about in the past.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not a big fan of these types of inductions. First off the audience in general does not buy it.

This whole induction is really just modeling behavior. The big problem with this is when you fail as he did with some of them, you lose credability with the audience and the rest of the volunteers.

Did you see the look of shock from the woman on the end when he pulled her arm?

The "induction" didn't start till about 6 minutes into it LOL. Really all he did was to put them into that position to start his induction. Not a bad way to do it.

I would be interested to see what results he got from it. Obviously some were not going to comply.

I would also like to see how he got volunteers in the first place. This has a lot to do with your induction style. The "induction" is almost not relevant. There is so much that goes into it that the few minutes you spend actually doing an "induction" is not the biggest part.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>The "induction" didn't start till about 6 minutes into it LOL. Really all he did was to put them into that position to start his induction. Not a bad way to do it.<<<<

I would agree Im not a fan of this kind of"induction". But really rapid inductions aren't really inductions anyway they are pre-inductions.

He obviously plays safe to retain as many on stage as possible. Ive seen other videos of the other parts of his show. He really does a simple hypnosis show stretched out. But laces it with analogies to sales etc.

For a corporate conference it seems to work. Its safe has a few relevant messages and doesn't rock the boat. And he was doing it o a very large busines audience so I reckon he is getting ok money for it.

If you watch the beggining of the clip you will see him describing the raising arm and balloon visualising.

That's how he selects his volunteers he goes into the audience and picks the ones responding. I personally find the 'lecture' style hypnosis shows to be boring. But I think it works at these business type confrences. I think he's found a good niche for himself. I don't know how many he does though.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Of course that is the selection process. I would just like to see how long his "instant induction" really is LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
In that case you could say the induction starts when people buy the ticket or see the ad for the first time.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually have said that. It is true. I don't want to debate the semantics of it though as some have very dug in opinions about "instant inductions".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I guess it's horses for courses. I personally don't find Galie boring at all. On the contrary, for me his style is by far the most professional I've ever seen and I love his analogies as he weaves his way through each presentation.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Here is John Cerbone and I doing an induction in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqE7r-EnuMM

Two people made it a minute or two longer than usual, but alone or with John this is my typical induction....
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-05-03 18:35, bobser wrote:
I guess it's horses for courses. I personally don't find Galie boring at all. On the contrary, for me his style is by far the most professional I've ever seen and I love his analogies as he weaves his way through each presentation.

I would find Gailie boring for a normal theatre show. But I think he's nailed it for the audience hes aiming at. And is doing a great job. I don't know how many of these sort of shows he does but they look very lucrative.

If I were to find a market here and decide to go down it I would probably approach it in a similar way.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
..... fair comment MP.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Just watched the Nongard/Cerbonne induction clip. I don't mean any disrespect. Nongard sounds absolutely believeable but when Cerbonne takes over I just find it ridiculously funny. I think it's because for me, it sounds inflected, and some of the wording he comes out with: "Breathing through your belly button naval now..." . How DO they keep a straight face, let alone go into hypnosis???
Yet you've got to applaud the guy because it's obvious that his stuff absolutely works.
Anyway, I enjoyed it.

bobser
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-05-03 18:35, bobser wrote:
I guess it's horses for courses.

This is true. That is what I meant by I am not a fan of them as opposed to saying they suck LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2009-05-04 07:01, bobser wrote:
Just watched the Nongard/Cerbonne induction clip. I don't mean any disrespect. Nongard sounds absolutely believeable but when Cerbonne takes over I just find it ridiculously funny. I think it's because for me, it sounds inflected, and some of the wording he comes out with: "Breathing through your belly button naval now..." . How DO they keep a straight face, let alone go into hypnosis???
Yet you've got to applaud the guy because it's obvious that his stuff absolutely works.
Anyway, I enjoyed it.

bobser

I couldn't agree more.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-05-03 18:43, Nongard1 wrote:
Here is John Cerbone and I doing an induction in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqE7r-EnuMM

Two people made it a minute or two longer than usual, but alone or with John this is my typical induction....

I love the mood Richard. Im so use to John's "other" voice. His voice changes but they do not know that:)

I wish I could have optimum lighting conditions like that in my venues. I guess that is just icing on the cake. Daylight gym shows without a lightman can be a bummer.

Candin