The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Everything old is new again :: Quarter Squeeze Inventor? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I am looking for the inventor of the trick called "Quarter Squeeze" although I am told it is sometimes performed with nickles or dollar coins. It seems to have appeared on the magic scene around 1998. The trick is made by various manufacturers, but none of them advertise the name of the creator. Any clues?
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
What's the effect?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The best way to describe it is to watch the video demo:

http://www.dudethatscoolmagic.co.uk/acat......eze.html

I had never even heard of this until FunSway brought it to my attention in his newest e-Book release (called NeckLacy) where he has cleverly worked in this coin effect to a rope routine, of all things! But I want his e-Book to be complete, so I am helping him to add the credits for Quarter Squeeze, if they can be found.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's interesting. It kinda looks like a Brema prop.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
funsway
View Profile
Eternal Order
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
10001 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2009-04-30 00:43, Bill Palmer wrote:
What's the effect?

I addition to the ability to use the rings for other things, the effect has always appealed to me because you can hear the coins pass through with a nice 'shink!' I changed the recommended ending, though (what's new?) There is a smaller nickel size out also, but I have never tried it.

Quote:
I had never even heard of this until FunSway brought it to my attention in his newest e-Book release (called NeckLacy) where he has cleverly worked in this coin effect to a rope routine, of all things! But I want his e-Book to be complete, so I am helping him to add the credits for Quarter Squeeze, if they can be found.

Yes, the Professor was a big help in "fleshing" out the documentation with citations and recommendations for "logical flow." With a view that many now producing Video Downloads should provide written support as well, possibly he can be of service for some consideration -- even trade, or listing your "downloadable masterpiece" on his site.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
It was invented prior to 1998. I had one in aluminum and I estimate it to be from the 70s. It looks decidedly different than the one you posted the link to but it operated exactly the same. It used a half dollar to separated the upper and lower tubes and quarters then penetrated.

Click here to view attached image.
Philp
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Philp
If I might add my 'ten penneth'. I bought a very neat version of this in Hong Kong about 1986. The effect was marketed as 'Miracle Coins' and was made to work with old Hong Kong 10c peices. The instuctions that came with the props looked as though they were produced in the 1970s.

I still use this with UK 20p pieces - a great little trick.

Regards,

Philip