The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Svengali Desk Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Hello I am in need of reordering my Svengali deck stock and I am thinking about ordering cards from d robbins. the cards I am looking at have a picture of a rabbit on the front of the box. does anyone know what the cards look like? do they look like a traditional playing card or do they have the rabbit design on them? any help would be great. thanks and God bless.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
D.Robbins Svengali decks with the rabbit on the front of the box are paper thin and not good at all.

Either go to Magic Makers or Loftus.

Don
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Do you have loftus web address?
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
If you can't figure out how to find a web site that you have the name to,you really shouldn't be out pitching.

Do something on your own.

Don
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Thanks for the help and the kind words.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
864 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Hackler...

It may SEEM harsh.. but Don's right. My Mother used to say, God Bless her soul.."God helps those that help themselves..."

It's a tough ole' world out there...

:)

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gee, Don hacks down the bushes, pounds out the trail, puts up arrows to where the trail is, and now some want him to carry them along the dang trail to boot!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2734 Posts

Profile of sethb
Well, on the one hand it was probably just an innocent question, and for somebody who is just starting out, the word "Loftus" probably doesn't mean anything.

On the other hand, Don Driver's Svengali Pitch DVD explains exactly how and where to obtain pitch decks at wholesale. If a newbie had invested in that, he/she would have all the info they need to get the decks and do the pitch, and would save themselves a lot of time, money and aggravation down the road (hint, hint).

Don is also right that pitching requires a lot of initiative (to find and book the spots), gumption (to attract and hold a tip) and common sense (to deal with the public). If you are waiting for info and tips to be delivered on a silver platter, it's just not going to happen! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I have don's Svengali pitch dvd and he recommended buying Svengali decks from s.s. adams which is now magic makers. I purchased stock from s.s. adams and since they joined another company I was looking to see all of the different companies that sold the decks wholesale to get the best price on the deck. I thought the magic Café was a forum for people to help other people. I didn't think a question for a web site was really all that bad to ask. my 2 cents
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
I also got Don's DVD.

It is amazing. If you ever going to be pitching the Svengali Deck...you should get this DVD. Simple as that.

I wrote a review for it in a forum. Use the search feature to find it.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 11:13, B Hackler wrote:
I purchased stock from s.s. adams and since they joined another company I was looking to see all of the different companies that sold the decks wholesale to get the best price on the deck.

Has anyone checkout the quality of decks distributed by MM? They have their
own so I doubt they will distribute the same decks that SS used to have....
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
My friend David that sold S.S.Adams to Magic Makers is till in business under a different name.Not all was sold and he still has Svengali stock and worms.PM me for a phone number.

Don
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
In my opinion, Loftus is the one to buy. Nice outer box, nice display box and cheap--about 70 cents including shipping when you buy 2 gross. Plus I can do 5-6 shows with each deck before the cards start sticking together.

S.S. Adams seems thin to me AND NO display box, generic card box plus the cards are not in correct order, need to be "put together". The Royal Magic deck from Fun Inc is too expensive and very stiff cards.

All in all, Loftus is just about right, as stated in Don's DVD info. Good luck.

Jon
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3038 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2009-05-18 17:50, solrak29 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 11:13, B Hackler wrote:
I purchased stock from s.s. adams and since they joined another company I was looking to see all of the different companies that sold the decks wholesale to get the best price on the deck.

Has anyone checkout the quality of decks distributed by MM? They have their
own so I doubt they will distribute the same decks that SS used to have....

I got a free MM Svengali deck with an order about a year ago and the quality left much to be desired. The cards felt like plastic - nowhere near the quality of decent card stock. Then again I've found the majority of MM products that I've obtained to be of less-than stellar quality. I wouldn't personally recommend their Sven. deck. I'm sticking with my Bicycle stock Smile
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
If you are pitching and buying and selling expensive bicycle stock for layman than you just DON'T get it...and probability NEVER will.

Don
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
MM Svengalis have diff. key cards which can help sell 2. They are not so bad. I have not had a problem with mine.
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
BHackler:

In the proper spirit of the Café -- Magicians Spoonfeeding Other Magicians Information They Can't Find Without Both Hands And A Mirror -- may I suggest that you place the following into the nav bar of your browser:

http://www.google.com

Click "Enter."

In the screen that comes up, you will see a word such as "Google" or "IGoogle." Right next to that is an open text bar. Insert the following words into it.

Loftus Svengali Deck

Hit "Enter."

The third listing down will give you the information you need.

Do not use desk instead of deck, as you did when you posted your question, or you will get a list of furniture stores.

I'm afraid that's all the help I can give you. You have Don's DVD, and this will give you the phone number to get the cards.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello B Hackler:

Here's the website: http://www.loftus.com

Good luck to you.

Ron
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
459 Posts

Profile of TKD27
My favorite, for future reference, is:

http://www.LetMeGoogleThatForYou.com/?q=loftus
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2734 Posts

Profile of sethb
I think Bill may have accidentally sat on one of his cups. He's usually in a much better humour. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC