The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Not very magical, still... :: How many people have gone over the edge? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yeah.... Do you realize how hard it was to get the computer to balance on my wifes head?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I read a recent story about a couple who shot at several people they thought were on their property (they werent..) they hit 2 or 3 of them, one of them a 10 year old boy in the head with birdshot. He died two days later. The people stopped so their kids could go to the bathroom, and redneck 1&2 shot them (the wife handed the gun to the husband after she took a shot). Again, NOT on their property. The wife even called 911 and told them "the were tearing up the levy, so I shot them", but the levy isn't on their property...... A cute sign in the couples yard reads "trespassers will be shot, survivors will be re-shot. Smile I will"....

Another example of guns+idiots= bad news. The whole "home is my castle" thing....
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Here's are a couple of links to this story of kcg5's (the second link has a picture):

http://theoriginalgreenwichdiva.com/2009......passing/

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6414373.html

Strangely, the major networks / media seem to be mostly ignoring the story.

So where are the cries of how biased the MSM (mainstream media) is, and why they are ignoring this story etc.?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
First page of the national section of my local newspaper, san ramon valley times.

my only cries of biased media is on fox. Call me whatever you want, but they are plain scary
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My former coworker and I were out cruisin' around, this was a decade a go, and he asked if we could stop by his brothers in Los Gatos (bay area types know Los Gatos as being a very nice community). We stop and my friend gets out and yells from the sidewalk that he is there, waits, the door opens and he goes up the walk and grabs a book or something from his brother, I was standing by the car while this went on, note this was a nice house etc in a nice area. When we got on the road I asked what was with the yelling, which didn't fit the neighborhood, and he told me his brother was a bit paranoid and there was a chance he'd shoot him if he just went to the door! He was serious! It seems the brother keeps a rifle next to him most the time and has other weapons hidden around the house and is fixated on protecting it and also, when 'the big one' hits he is going to take over the local grocery store to protect it from looters. Me call that nuts.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I can think of some grocers here in L.A. who wouldn't have minded having him around back a few years ago.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Back to the original thread topic about people having gone over the edge, here's one about a woman using a gun to defend herself against a waffle:

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=73684&catid=2
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Since you are a mega Northerner I should explain that a Waffle House restaurant should be exempt from laws between midnight and 4:30 am. Man, when I was in the Navy we would be in the Waffle House outside Jacksonville, Florida hitting on an ugly waitress as we tried to get sober enough for the highway run home. Heck, the waitress may have shot us and I just don't remember.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Lobowolf (why not lobo or wolf? That is like gatocat), when I lived in the bay area my biggest concern about an earthquake was going to the grocery store. I have not had the situation arise but I have this image of people 'protecting their food supply' with rifles.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
An update on the 'where do guns in Mexico come from' topic that has appeared off and on in this thread, from today's Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124528641705825899.html

WASHINGTON -- A new study by the Government Accountability Office says most firearms recovered in drug violence in Mexico come from the U.S., a finding that will likely fuel the politically charged debate over the U.S. government's efforts to stem gun trafficking across the border.

GAO investigators conclude that the U.S., and in particular the Southwest border states of Texas, California and Arizona, are the source of most weapons trafficked into Mexico.

The study says that despite claims from critics that Mexican cartels may also be getting weapons from Asia and elsewhere, law-enforcement officials believe that scenario is unlikely. Law-enforcement officials, cited in the study, said they saw no reason why drug cartels would go through the difficulty of importing guns long distances "when it is so easy for them to do so from the United States."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
In order to maintain perspective can you please list the gun manufacturing companies in Mexico? I think the statement that most guns come from the US makes no sense in this context because there are, to my knowledge, no major gun manufacturers in Mexico and I would think that the vast majority of guns in most countries are from the US. Another thing to look at is where the US is situation to Mexico and where, say, China is situated and I think you'll know why people from Mexico might go to the US for guns rather than taking a jaunt over to China.

Where do most guns in Canada come from? I bet it is the US.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I haven't bought or owned a gun for many years now, but certainly a large proportion of the legal guns I encountered were either American made or were from American owned companies. But for Canada that is hardly surprising as the we and the US are each other's largest trading partners.

As for illegal guns, Criminal Intelligence Service Canada (part of the federal government) suggests that the great bulk of illegal guns are acquired either through domestic theft or from the US:

"Smuggled firearms that cross the land border from the United States are a significant source of illegal firearms due in part to itsgun geographic proximity and less restrictive gun control regulations. The ability of criminal entrepreneurs and organizations to smuggle firearms across the Canada-U.S. land border also appears to be greatly influenced by the physical geography between the ports of entry. A number of land border areas are particularly attractive due to the often rough and remote geographical nature of portions of this border area. There are also a multitude of remote unmanned border crossing locations that could be exploited for unauthorized surreptitious cross border movement."

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 02:00, MagicSanta wrote:

Another thing to look at is where the US is situation to Mexico and where, say, China is situated and I think you'll know why people from Mexico might go to the US for guns rather than taking a jaunt over to China.

I'm pretty sure you are right on that, Santa. That's more or less one of the same common sense points the GAO study raised.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I see the picture now...ban and stifle the opposing viewpoints and the lefty's run rampant unabated...or is stating politically heated positions ok now on the Green weeny? But then I'm not allowed to be seen on such a thread or to even ask...Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
What stifling of opposing viewpoints? You disagree with the GAO report? How so?
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
There are a few comments above I wouldn't mind debating. You don't count. We go at it elsewhere...but then I was just exploiting a moment with the comment more than anything.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
People going over the edge.

You won't believe this one (unless you've already heard about it):

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=10664308

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/08/famous-mag......-bullet/

And there is a separate thread on this story here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=36