The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Ideas for the card fountain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Harry the Clown
I have a card fountain and I am looking for funny ways to use it! I do have a card sword but sometimes that's to big to carry around.

This is one idea I have. You show a bag empty, then you force a card, put the pack of cards into the bag and when they go up into the air you catch a card with a fly swatter. Smile

Does anyone else use the card fountain without using the card sword? Smile

Hope to hear from you!!! Smile
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I don't own one myself, but I can think of a couple of ideas how to use it. Force the card, have a duplicate card in a pocket. Put the cards in the bag, let it set on the floor or whatever as the fountain begins, put the duplicate on your forehead as you walk through the flying cards. The card has stuck to your head!

Another way might be, to have the duplicate card in the bag and load the rest of the deck in the card fountain. State that the chosen card will fly out of the deck and out of the bag where you will catch it.

The rest of the deck now flies out of the bag, instead, grab hold of the bottom of the fountain, through the bottom of the bag, ask the spectator to hold out his/her hand and dump the duplicate in their hands. Their card is the only card left.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
How about, shoot a snake gun at the stream of cards and have the spring snake catch the card.

Or, demonstrate your flea circus and have your pet flea in the bag trying to find the card...

Or, pretend to begin the "rising card" effect with slow and mysterious music... and as you gaze down, focussing your posers to make the card rise... all of a sudden, ALL the cards fly out into your face....

Or, after a card is selected and returned to the deck, it's dropped in a box or bag to be held by a spectator on stage... you turn away to explain that in a moment you will have the spectator shuffle the cards... all the while the cards are flying all over... you act like you think the spectator threw the cards all over... could follow with card on back....
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I love the shuffle idea. Why not bring the spectator on stage first and let the card apper on his back!
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
Something I've batted around with a friend of mine - a variation on the Bullet Catch trick... that doesn't involve a bullet!

Force a card using whatever cheesy card force you prefer (to quote Paul Harris), then present the fountain as an ACME CARD CANNON. "Lose" the card in the deck, load the deck into the fountain, step back a few and FIRE!

The ... erhem... target takes a barrage of cards to the chest and upper body (remember, wear safety goggles) and goes down in a hail of pasteboard... he slowly gets up... brushes himself off... reaches into his mouth... and pulls out the selected card!

... tumultuous applause and the throwing of folding money ensue
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Thanks heaps for your ideas - awesome!!!!!!
I have just done a pre-school show and instead of using playing cards I used Alphabet Cards. I went thru the Alphabet with the 4 year olds and then I used Vibono Magic's idea.
This is a great prop and it does get good reactions from all ages!!!!
THANKS AGAIN Smile
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
the bullet through card mixes very good with the fountain.
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
Harry the Clown
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Hi ludmer
Can you please explain a little more!
Thanks heaps
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
I don´t know exactly its creator. But that´s the effect: the spec selects a card, and tears off the corner, keeping it (torn and restored card). The rest of the card is placed back into the deck, which is placed inside a container (a box, loaded with the fountain). The magician then grab a gun, and shoots it, at this moment the fountain propel the cards, with the missing corner card with a bullet hole in it.
I trust jewish magicians and bagels