The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Nothing up my sleeve... :: Thanks again to everyone for your advice. I finally made my Schoolcraft purchase. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Sorry if this seems like Deja Vu but I wanted to thank everyone for giving me the advice to contact Jamie Schoolcraft regarding my coin purchase. His customer service was one of the best experiences I have had in a long time and I can't wait to get my Walking Lib Exp [ set with the Walker Flipper, C/S and a soft Morgan flipper.

You guys have all had great advice so Thanks again.
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
*** USPS. It was about 10 miles from me at 12am and they never delivered it today. Looks like Flipping fun for the weekend.
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
They finally came. Here's a pic:

Click here to view attached image.
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
Wow. They look great man! I just got my expanded set of morgans in the mail today. I'm really excited to use them!
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
So which effects do you think you're going to start with first? I think I'm gonna try to work on CoinOne. I love that routine...
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Mostly trying to construct my own variations of things like coins across, productions and vanishes, you know.
narcoleptic_insomniac
View Profile
Regular user
Kenosha, WI
140 Posts

Profile of narcoleptic_insomniac
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 17:31, Bungee wrote:
They finally came. Here's a pic:

I'm envious...
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
These really are beautiful. Not sure if I'll go to sleep tonight, having too much fun.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-04-03 22:13, Bungee wrote:
Mostly trying to construct my own variations of things like coins across, productions and vanishes, you know.

It's a good idea. Try considering coins to the spectator's hand. It's a pure coins across but anthing involving the audience always gets a more positive reaction and is more credible in terms of "magic".
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
I've got a nice silver to copper going with the flipper and two english pennies that is turning out fairly nice so far. Lawrence, I am without a doubt gonna try a few different handlings of coins across to the spectators hand. I love Craig Petty's Empowerment where its coins across two different spectators. Very nice but I won't have the guts to let a spectatior throw this beautiful walking lib flipper in the air for quite some time.
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
I'm very jealous, My walking Liberty Flipper is still in production so I'm still waiting for Jamie to finish it. For now at least I'm stuck with my Johnson Flipper, but since I modified it it works just like a gravity flipper. Even after I get my Gravity flipper from Jamie I'm going to hold onto this one for a lot of those "in the audience hands" type of routines. If it involves droping or tossing the coins I'd rather my Johnson flipper take the abuse.

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-04-04 19:48, Bungee wrote:
I've got a nice silver to copper going with the flipper and two english pennies that is turning out fairly nice so far. Lawrence, I am without a doubt gonna try a few different handlings of coins across to the spectators hand. I love Craig Petty's Empowerment where its coins across two different spectators. Very nice but I won't have the guts to let a spectator throw this beautiful walking lib flipper in the air for quite some time.

These are not that fragile and it's more up to the type of ground that is under it. If there is a table cloth or a carpet on the floor, don't bother. Just be wary of hard surfaces.

Since you are doing a C/S routine, I'll let you know of a little secret that I kept to myself for quite a while. Take your Johnson Flipper and copper plate the face of the insert and let it darken (heating it up a little helps but don't do it with the rubber band on). What I did, after a few trials, is that I also copper plated my copper coin (an Australian kangaroo penny) so that they would always look the same color. Now you could have an insert remade like a folding coin but, for some reason, after the coins introduction, people's mind focus on the color and not on the denomination any more.
For copper (or silver or gold or nickel) plating coins at low cost, try this site
http://www.caswellplating.com/movies/PNP-SVideo.mov

It's a different gaff but it offers nice, yet unexplored, possibilities. If you decide to use this you'll have fun, trust me on that.
Ocha
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Ocha
Ok Lawrence now you've gone and done it.... Now I have to go get another Johnson flipper to make this gaff with. I hope you people realize how much money I've had to spend because you keep posting great ideas. At least I'll have lots of cool Gaffs when I'm panhandling to pay off my bills.... Smile

Gerald
I was Me but now He is gone.......
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
CamisBoss,

Where did you find CoinOne?

Thanks!
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
Zaprig1,

I purchased CoinOne directly from Homer Liwag at www.homerliwag.com.

Dang! It looks so freaking magical I can't stand it! It's still pretty iffy though, some of the sleights are difficult. After going at it for about a month and a half or so, I think I'll begin showing it. I've already made some great progress on it. I highly recommend it!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-04-05 18:02, Ocha wrote:
Ok Lawrence now you've gone and done it.... Now I have to go get another Johnson flipper to make this gaff with. I hope you people realize how much money I've had to spend because you keep posting great ideas. At least I'll have lots of cool Gaffs when I'm panhandling to pay off my bills.... Smile

Gerald

I'm sorry! Yet you will save on your C/S as it's a more magical effect to change the material of one specific coin than to switch it for another denomination and metal coin. Try Tommy Wonder's Counterfeit Coins routine.

So I can have a good conscience about your budget: I led you to an investment which will have returns even within performances.

:)
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Thanks CamisBoss!

I'm all for difficult sleights when the result looks just like you said....freakin magical!!!
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-04-12 04:39, Lawrence O wrote:
Try Tommy Wonder's Counterfeit Coins routine.

Where can we find this?? Any link to a demo??

Morten
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Does anyone know if the routine is on Visions of Wonder?

Best,
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
No Counterfeit Coins doesn't. One advantage to this drawback is that you'll be able to fool magicians with it.
You can find it in Spectacle by Stephen Minch and, naturally, in The Books of Wonder. If you read it, believe me you will not need a demo, for the routine is so meaningful that it speaks for itself. Technically it is not difficult but it has this diabolical touch that marks Tommy's magic.