The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Need Suggestion for Wonderized DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lloyd_SG
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Lloyd_SG
Hi Café Members

I will like suggestion from all of you. Especially to those who own this DVD(Wonderized by Tommy Wonder). I'm very tempted to get the DVD but before I get it, I will like to ask if there are any extra materials inside which was not covered in the 3 L&L publishing DVD and The British Close-Up Magic Symposium by tommy wonder.

The run-length for Wonderized is 80mins. This makes me wonder if he will share something extra that wasn't been published before.

I owe all 3 L&L Publishing DVD and the British Close-Up Magic Symposium. Is the purchase for Wonderized necessary?

I will like to hear your views.

Best Regards
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
I believe only two routines are retaught on separate sets:
The 'Ring the Watch & Wallet' is on both WONDERIZED and VISIONS OF WONDER Vol 1.
'Squeeze' is on both THE TOMMY WONDER VIDEO and THE WONDERIZED DVD.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
You may wish to compare the Contents of the three Wonder sets I know of:

1. THE TOMMY WONDER VIDEO DVD $34.95 L&L Original release Mar 2009 (VHS 1998)
This DVD features his full lecture at the British Close-Up Magic Symposium. Approx'ly 55 min.
CONTENT:
Thanks to Paul Harris, Lighter to Matchbox, The Shrinking Box, Ambitious Card Routine, 2-Second Card Fold, Squeeze, and Deck Switch; Advice on performing close-up magic; Thoughts on timing, misdirection, presentation and other insights into the magical art.

2. TOMMY WONDER WONDERIZED DVD $34.95 A-1 MagicalMedia. Original release Mar 2009. e: This lecture that was taped in Sacramento, California. Approx'ly 80 min.
CONTENT: Cards to Card Case, Torn & Restored Card, Lighter to Matches, The Ring the Watch & Wallet, The Signed Card to Box, Squeeze, and Shrinking Fan of Cards. Intent + Emotion + Conflict + Skill = Pure Magical Impact.

3. TOMMY WONDER'S VISIONS OF WONDER 3-VOLUME DVD SET $89.95
Max Maven interviews Wonder about his theories and strategies on each of the three volumes.
Visions Of Wonder - Volume One:
CONTENT: The Ring, the Watch, and the Wallet, Magic Ranch, Through the Eye of The Needle, The Tamed Card, and the Two Cup Routine. Approx'ly 123 min.
Visions Of Wonder - Volume Two:
CONTENT: Elizabeth IV, Rubik's Card, Deja Reverse, and Socked Coins. Wonder also discusses his work on Cough Drop, vanishing bird cage, the boomerang card, Zombie Ball, and his ring and rope routine. Approx'ly 123 min.
Visions Of Wonder - Volume Three:
CONTENT: Nest of Boxes, Coins Across; Ambitious Card Plus Ring Box; Card Through Handkerchief; Everywhere and Nowhere. Approx'ly 146 min
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
It looks like this dvd is illegal..... :-(

http://www.tommywonder.nl/catalog/hallofshame.php

at the bottom of the page