The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: Do we have SAM Members in Russia? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I'm heading there in April, and hoped to contact a Magi in the Moscow area.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Hi Chris - at the conclusion of the Spring Council gathering in Hollywood today, I relayed your question to the National Administrator. She said no SAM members with home addresses in Russia.

Mark Weidhaas
1st VP
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Thanks Mark. I should have thought to call you or the N/A. I might try and drum up some interest whilst there.

C

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 7:56am
BTW - That kid ended up buying my sliding head illusion. I met his Dad and I think he's going to become a member.
www.christophermanos.com
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Great news on both accounts. The new SAM applications can be downloaded from the magicsam website, or I can mail to you. They are not in Russian. Beginning June 1 (our fiscal year) international members can choose to opt out of paying the postal surcharge for MUM if they do not want the printed version (i.e. view it online only).
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I already have a few on hand. I have a hosting agency and asked them to locate magicians in the Moscow area.
www.christophermanos.com
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
I produced a show in Russia last year. None of the older contacts I was given seemed to be valid. I do believe there is a group of magicians in Moscow who meet, but I believe they remain unaffiliated.

Brad Henderson
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
615 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Thanks Brad. I have a group of folks meeting me at the airport who are going to do some investigation for me. I cannot even find a magic shop.
www.christophermanos.com