The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Do you see what I see? :: Soundsuit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
The new Soundsuit http://eng.soundsuit.com/ advertised in Magic magazine looks amazing. If only it was completely self-contained, wherein everything was attached to your person (speaker and everything needed). Does anyone know if this is what Sylvester the Jester created for himself but never marketed it?
Professor DoDad
View Profile
New user
Cleveland GA
83 Posts

Profile of Professor DoDad
Very interesting forsure. I wonder how quick you can go from sound to sound. Seem like a slight delay. I agree if you could have the speakers on yourself would make even better. I can see it really having a nice effect.
SteveMarshall
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of SteveMarshall
Hi,
I was just with Koichi Takao yesterday here in Tokyo. He is the inventor of the SoundSuit.
Koichi will be at the IBM convention in Nashville in July demonstrating, and selling, his SoundSuit in the dealers room.
I have personally used one in my shows here in Japan and it is really great. The sounds come instantly and the triggers that are on your body are really sturdy and made to last. Basically it is a wireless system that controls a Rolland sampling machine. It was totally invented and designed by Koichi and it is very clever. There has been one in use at Tokyo Disneyland's park Disney Sea for over a year now and there has not been a single problem with the unit that they have been using. If you know the Disney schedule that's 5 shows a day, 6 days a week for over a year with no problems at all! That's a great track record. It's really made for pros by a pro.
It hooks into a sound system so the sound effects are loud and clear. I did use one on the street once hooking it into a guitar amp. Koichi made me an adapter so the whole thing could be powered by a 12 volt battery.
I put the amp, sampling board and the receiver in a small basket and no one knew were the sounds were coming from. They were loud and clear too! You can see a video of it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBHLqQW1V......nel_page
Look for the basket under the cow! All the animal sounds are coming from there.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I was with Dan Sylvester for a week and he let me look at his sound vest. It is a homemade vest, and no wheres near what the sound suit looks like and does. They are two completely different creations that do similar things.

If you want a powerhouse Sound Shirt that you can change 20different sound to your liking, using SD cards, then check out this shirt for $40: I bought it and love it. Now on sale for $30.

You can have 20 tracks Start Stop, play as many times as you want. You can even clip the speaker off the shirt, wire it for RCA plugs and use it with your sound system. Works well with my Mackie 150 and my Fender Passport 150. It eliminates the iPod, Mini-Tech, CD player, and is controlled by 20 individual buttons.

Buy two, wire one into your system and wear one!

See: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/

If you buy it let's hear your thoughts on this shirt.
Dennis Michael
Pat Perry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Pat Perry
Looks very professional. Topas (Germay) used something like that at FISM for his lecture. Great effect, but you have to take care not to use it to often. Can be annoying as a running gag.