The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: Out of My Mind Column (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Hello,

As some of you may know until recently I contributed a monthly column to MAGIC magazine entitled Out of My Mind in which I shared some of my mentalism creations. I'm a new member here at the Café and I'd be interested to hear from any MAGIC magazine readers any feedback they have on the column and the material.

Best,

Anthony Owen
facebook.com/anthony.owen1
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Anthony Owen exclusive products at TVMagic.co.uk
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Hello Anthony, welcome! I thoroughly enjoyed reading and sometimes using your material from Out of my Mind in Magic Magazine. A lot of very good ideas shared, regards.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thanks Rizzo. Pleased to meet you here in the Café.

a
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Your column was always one of my favourites... I love mentalism off the beaten path.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thanks Michael.

Did either of you have any particular favourites amongst the material I explained?

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Your version of ACAAN was quite inspiring (with the numbers written on the back of each card).
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thanks Michael. Number at Card is one of my creations of which I'm most proud. I like the twist in the ACAAN effect and the simplicity and sneakiness of the method! (No stack to remember, both choices are completely free thoughts and real time.)

You and others might be interested to know that I have a few additional thoughts on the effect which didn't appear in the MAGIC magazine column or in my Some Tricks book (where the effect also appears). Some of these additional thoughts are shared on the new DVD of my lecture at the 2007 International Magic Convention.

Others I shall be releasing in the near future, including the version I referenced in the column in which the freely thought-of card is at the freely thought-of position in the deck AND has the position number printed on its back.

Thanks again for your kind words about my work.

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Mentalism
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mentalism
Hi Anthony

I hope you will inform us all when you will release your new version, which sounds very interesting. Will it be the next days, weeks or months?

Thanks

Markus
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Hi Markus,

Thanks for your interest in the improvements upon my ACAAN. There's a slim chance I may have a version of it ready to sell to those who attend my lectures in Florida at the end of next month. However, due to my current workload (as you may know I'm the Head of Magic at Objective Productions in London, responsible for Executive Producing - amongst other TV shows - Derren Brown and The Real Hustle), it's likely that it may be a few months before it is released. I'm sure you'll hear about it here at The Café when it is available.

Thanks again.

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3353 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Anthony, thx for taking the time of a very busy schedule to check in here at the Café, Regards.
Anthony Owen
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
204 Posts

Profile of Anthony Owen
Thanks Rizzo. I'm having fun hanging out here, meeting folk like you.

Best,

Anthony
Twitter @anthonyowenmagi