The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ballooning 101 :: Best way to carry Balloons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I am finally going to stop using the multi color bags of balloons and just buy them in single colors.What is the best way to transport them without it getting all mixed up .I have a multi pocket apron already but I use it when I am walking around .I would like a stationary setup.
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
The "Twist 'em Up Basking Bag" http://www.twistemup.com/prodbag.htm
works just great, I've had mine for 4 years no problem the same goes for their Balloon pouch, a great investment.

I hope this helps,

Royston.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
Thank You I was look for something like that
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have a Twist-Em-Up "Double Busking Bag" that I'm selling. I use an apron instead.

Steve
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
864 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Busking bag or apron? Which do you suggest? I'm just starting out... will be doing stuff in the street...

Tks

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Whichever you become accustomed to. I started with a fantastic apron (made by the now-defunct Balloon Buddies in Baton Rouge, Louisiana), and can't work without it. Couple things to think about, however, you might want to get something black so it won't show dirt...DON'T! If you work outdoors, that black material turns into a solar panel, and just cooks your balloons. I live in the U.S., Mississippi to be exact, and it gets H-O-T here. I went with lighter colors for both my apron (it was canvas colored, but I tie dyed it) and my busking bag. Don't store you balloons outdoors in a black or dark colored bag, either. Balloons don't like that heat. Mine are in a cooler, and always have a little freezer/cold pack in the corner of it.

Steve
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Quote:
On 2009-03-10 05:01, deadcatbounce wrote:
Busking bag or apron? Which do you suggest? I'm just starting out... will be doing stuff in the street...

Tks

DCB

I use both, the apron works great for street entertaining and the bag to carry your spare balloons especially if you are using bundles of the same colour!

You always ran out of one or two colours!!!! (pink)

Royston.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I have a deluxe apron from Twist em up. It's great for some types of shows, but for busking or where I need a lot balloons, I prefer a bag. If you will find Flower Clown on the you tube,and find the 2 in which he shoes his bags, you'll see that he sells a very large bag with a ton of pockets. Having all of these pockets means that you don't have to spend time loading as you do with the velcro system. Just take a bag or 2 of a color, stuff them in the pocket, and you're ready to go.
There is also room for some magic, and anything else you want to carry. You'll find 2 that he is offering. One was made in the "wrong color" and is being sold off at a 50% reduced price. I bough one and am completely happy with it.
Magicsharpie1
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magicsharpie1
I use a double busking bag from twist em up. The only problem I'm having problem is that I feel that fitting 1000-1200 balloons in there is way to tight. So instead I just fit one of the roll up strips which holds about 400-600 which is good enough for me. When I fit about 1200 balloons in there I feel like that they are to squished. Anyone else have this problem?

On a different note I was thinking of purchasing a luggage case to carry my balloons, that way I can stroll it around, Display the balloons on the telescopic handles, and it would be a lot cooler since I sometimes work in a park and can't shade the sunlight.Any ideas
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
I use the Triple Busking Bag from Twist 'Em Up. It seems to be a good size. Although I can't fit as many balloons in the bag as my friends that have a Swifty Bag, I can fit everything in there that I need. I have room enough for three roll ups (the third is only about half filled). I also have two round containers in the bag, one for pens, and the other for scraps and business cards.

Steve
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
The favorite of most working pros is "The Swifty Bag".
It is a duffle/tote style bag customized with both inner
and outer pockets to hold all of your specialty balloons
(hearts, geos, 5" round, prints, 321's, etc.)

Their website is http://www.swiftybags.com/

The one thing to be aware of is their customer service.
They often take a while to get, and even longer if you
order something custom. But once they arrive, they are
always worth it.
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
I use a messenger style bag with multiple pockets and a large center area for my pump and other magic bits if I am doing magic also. I think it combines the best of both.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I just bought (and received) a great bag from Flower Clown. You can find him on youtube, showing the features of each different type and size of bag. I won't be working out of mine, so the pale colors were fine for me.

Steve
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I currently have an all black triple busking bag with 16 pockets on the sides. It has 4 roll ups in it. I carry Qualatex 160's, 260's, 350's, 660's and a few bettatex colors inside the bag (Example 660's marigolds for Homer Simpson hat) I also carry in the bag some props that Don Caldwell mentions... Xray glasses, 8ball, Disney Princess cards etc....

The side pockets hold:

1.Markers
2. 5 inch round(red, mocha,white,black,orange,pink, yellow, green,clear, Star arounds)
3. 5 inch gold, silver
4. agate & polka dot balloons
5. 5 inch hearts
6. 5 inch Mocha and blush hearts.. also a few 16 white geos
7. Super bouncy balls to put in balloons
8. Business cards and flip book pictures
9. Some magic tricks,
10 Napkin roses and more card tricks
11 Face balloons and parodies
12 321 bee body balloons
13. Mini glow sticks to put in balloons and small wire beads that are pre cut to make poodles out of,
14. Assorted Geo Balloons
15. Other larger size rounds
16. I don't remember...

However I would like to get a Collasal Swifty Bag made out of leather (to give it a professional look)