The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Portable close-up table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
This is a recurring subject but I bought a neat table the other day which you might want to look into.

Sam's Club is selling it... not sure if WalMart has it, too.

It's an adjustable (but only to 28" high... wish that was a little higher, but that's ok...) plastic topped (ready for a close-up mat to be glued?), x-braced, and very stable table.

Oddly, it's not on Sam's website but you can see it [outdated link]

If only it was a little taller, even if it had to be a little wider. But it could be useful in the right place, say at one of the upcoming summer picnic gigs when you get tired of working out of your pockets (it <could> happen.) Smile

Steve H Smile Smile
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Looks like an ironing board with a table top. Also not as tall as an ironing board.

I think I'll look at my ironing baord and see how easy it would be to take the legs off or maybe cut the pointed end off and mount a piece of wood. Time to go to work.
Smile
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
409 Posts

Profile of Jay
I have one of these, from Costco, and I love it! I wish it was a tiny bit taller, because I am 6'3", but I put my case on top of it to give me about 5 or so inches more. I want to have a custom black drape made for it now. It is light and packs quite flat. I used it last week for an outdoor show, and it worked out very well.

Jay Smile
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Funny, I just saw this table at BJ Wholesales. I didn't get it because I thought it was too small.

I may have to rethink that one.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You can lengthen the legs of these tables by adding a piece of steel tubing to them. Or you can make a separate top -- box style -- that will fit on top if the present tabletop.

Cover this with velvet, etc, and you will have a nice table.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
I saw a kid's card table at Walgreens last night.

It's about 30-36" square and costs about $8.

So, I thought that I could cover it with a material (it has a padded top) and then figure out how to make it taller.

PVC pipe. Get four pieces of PVC pipe. Drill a hole or hole through the pipe to accept a bolt or other similar device. Slip the pipe over the legs of the table and adjust to the proper height.

[The only problem I can see is that the table legs have an angle to them from the table top. Extending these too far might result in a "footprint" that is too wide. I don't think that would be a problem but just thought I would mention it]

Of course paint the pipe legs an appropriate color.

Just an idea. I may even try it myself Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks