The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Jb gravity flipper coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I love my JB gravity flipper. Bob Swadling is the man! The cut is invisible and it drops and lies flat without worry.

-DJ
Tonylew
View Profile
Regular user
Tracy, CA
184 Posts

Profile of Tonylew
I completely concur with the previous posting.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t - not completely that is...

I have found Bob's gravity flippers to have somewhat tight bands in them. I agree with previous posts that his gravity flippers tend to try to self-close, especially when laying in the palm of your hand. Sometimes they stay flat a little better on a table, but not always. That said, the cut on Bob's flipper is as invisible as any I have seen, and his flippers also show more of the insert when opened - not a lot more of course, but every little bit helps! Bob's gravity flipper also does tend to snap shut with more noise than most of the gravity type. You might be able to dampen the sound with a bit of Teflon/Mouse tape, but you also might cause the flipper to not close completely.

For the price it is a great gaff, but it could stand a little more care in the areas I mentioned. BTW I also have one of Bob's Next-Generation flippers that came with the Triception set, and it seems to work more cleanly than the stand-alone flippers I have purchased from him.

Thank you.

Jim
tkdario
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tkdario
Kyle while reading the thread about using larger band on regular flipper coin, what size would it be and where can I get them. Thanks, Tom
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
After reading these posts I sent an email over to Mark at JB Magic. I will definately be getting one. Not sure if I should go with the dollar or half sized. I do routines using both. Als Mark is super fast at answering emails regarding his site.
Nick Portella
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
I just got one of these sets from Mark this week, excellent! Also, I recommend one of the half dollar sized set (i got both). The dollar sized set is difficult to use with some of the 'hold outs' as well as the matrix... I am saying this even though I normally use dollar sized coins
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
Dentian thanks for the reply. I will only be buying one and I do like dollar coins but I will take your advice on this one. Thanks again.
Nick Portella
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
No problem! Glad I was able to help!
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
379 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Mac irish... well please study the props and how the different kinds works.... the fliper is not designed to let it lie down on the table.

the regular fliper is designed to close as fast as it can in the air so it needs a lot of tension on the band... what you need is a GRAVITY FLIPPER. buy a gravity flipper try it and then complain because if you are gonna put a bad review on a product at least study well what you are going to say and what the prop is supposed to do.... it like I open a post here complaining about a VERNET thumb tip saying

OMG it has bad qualiti it cant le me levitatate my table (mmmm the TT is not designed to do that Smile)
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
Hahaha well put
Nick Portella
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I just dug out Tango's instructions for their standard flipper - back when their instructions were very poorly written and translated to English. The routine they describe is different than what MacIrish describes above, although I admit the instructions are poorly described.

Basically, an open flipper is placed on the table and an upright glass is placed on top of it. IOW, the bottom of the glass holds the gaff open. The effect is that two coins are under the glass and one passes through the bottom of the glass to the inside. I won't explain how that is accomplished, though hopefully everyone here already knows.

Jim