The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ever so sleightly :: Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I was just wondering if anyone out there is a chop cup user? I find it to be one of the more dependable routines as far as lay audiences are concerned. I was just wondering if anyone out there had an interesting take on this classic.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Get the Loomis/Riser cup set. 'nuf said.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
979 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Agree...the Loomis/Riser Mini Chop Cup is a fabulous tool. Using the palm of your hand as a "table" is a sure fire way of knowing if the ball has dislodged. Hate to be embarrassed when it doesn't happen...geez. I am currently practicing Aldo's Laser Cup routine with the cup and it's great, though not using the hand is tricky for the same reason I mentioned earlier.

Again, there is no better, more practical, and cuter, chop cup out there, period!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I got a Morrissey "Mini-Chop Cup" many moons ago (Say that three times fast!) and it is one of my favorite non-card or coin close-up bits.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I am currently using Get Trashed. A chop cup that is a mini trashcan. Instead of balls, you use little plastic flies. The final load is little trash bags. It plays really well.

I have a variety of cups, but I came across this one and it is a definite conversation starter. And it has built in laughs. And before you object to the flies, people think they are funny, not gross. But in the instructions they give directions for using a wadded-up dollar bill instead and a stack of coins as the final load. But I prefer it as it is.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Where can I buy a mini trash can?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
They sell them for $20.00 us funds. Comes with all the props... They take PayPal.
Contact them at trash@rfaproductions.com

www.rfaproductions.com
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Check out Chopped Taters from Unexpected Visitor by Doug Brewer. It is a great routine. I use it with the Riser Loomis Micro-cup.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I just wanted to thank all of you that complimented the Loomis Riser Micro Chop Cup. We have been very gratified at the response to this item. If you're thinking about getting one, you might want to read Mike Close's review in the May MAGIC.
Dennis Loomis
http://www.loomismagic.com
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24316 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My favorite chop cup was made for me by a fellow named Mike Swarc, who was a leather worker at Texas Renaissance Festival and Scarborough Faire. It was just a little larger than the leather cup Tannen's used to produce. I had it made large enough so that it would take a 2 1/4 inch billard ball as a load.

I had five of these made, altogether. I still have two of them. Mike won't make any more of them, but I used these things for years.

They are wonderful cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com